New faces, new stories

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Sherman Lee

Post Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 pm

New faces, new stories

Sherman lugged the last of the bags on board the Firefly, taking one last look out to Beaumonde before the doors began to close. It had been a while since he had been aboard a starship, Rayne's work had taken longer than expected while planetside. With the door closed, he let out a sigh of relief, he'd been on edge ever since they landed a month ago. That was his job though, what he was contracted to do, what he had to do. He was her shield, her sword, and her property. He itched at the scar on his face, a brand of the roman numeral VI, a present from the inmates of Dashan Prison. Even though they were on board a ship with a reputable crew, he couldn't let his guard down fully.

He began moving the bags to Rayne's bunk, readying the answers to the inevitable questions he would probably be asked. No doubt the captain had already checked up his name and record, may be the other crew members had too out of curiosity. Even a simple search would pull up his other name, "The Varley Killer," and the news story surrounding the murder of Josef Varley and the other five members of the Varley family. If they dug deeper they may find his warcrimes trial after the war, deeper still they may find his war record as part of the Dashan Forlorn Hope battalion. Once the bags were in Rayne's bunk, he waited to be excused, before beginning his own unpacking.

The two of them made an odd grouping; Rayne was a medical researcher who looked like a core worlder with some rustic elements and he was an ex-con who looked like he'd been through hell and back numerous times. He stowed his kit quickly, making sure certain things were within easy reach from his bedside, before checking his canteen for water. Finding it empty, he walked down to the common area in search of a tap to refill it.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Lilly-Rose McAllister

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:59 am

Re: New faces, new stories

Lilly had been so busy the last few weeks, it was her fault though. The dermal mender, her vet licence, it had all cost money. She’d begged McNally not to worry about it but he...well he was Det. He listened to only Det, which was both one of the things she admired about him and made her fear for him. At least they knew the dermal mender worked, yet McNally still insisted on training, on fighting. In fact it had become so prominent a problem that Lilly had taken to packing a ‘McNally’ aid kit full of things to treat popped or scrapped knuckles, bruises, fractures and other fight related injuries.

The coffee had been on non-stop, Lilly providing McNally with a beverage, half to have an excuse to keep an eye on him but further to ease her own guilt at the situation. His wounds were her fault but now, hopefully, she could be useful and make money for the ship, recoup the captain’s losses for the ship. She still wanted to graduate medical school but that would need to be something she had to figure out, maybe with the Tong? Not that she could tell McNally that of course.

Having left the infirmary with her McNally bag slung over her shoulder; better safe than sorry, and made her way to the galley. She needed to get the coffee on and try and figure out something McNally would eat. With Hal aboard the Thorn it meant her sleep pattern was off again, her eating habits though were still deeply guarded but she managed most days without being bothered too often.

As she turned into the galley she turned the corner to see one of the new passengers that had come on board. She wasn’t sure about either of them, one seemed an ethical nightmare; though she was one to talk, and one was clearly an ex con. McNally knew what he was doing though and she didn’t doubt her captain. It didn’t mean she was comfortable with it however, also, it didn’t mean that she was going to be rude to them. She offered a small, shy smile and offered a polite, “Hello.” As she walked around the counter to start the coffee for their Captain. “How are you and your associate settling in?”
~When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm

He puts the canteen down in the sink, standing almost to attention while facing the lady in front of him. He places his arms behind his back, as if at ease, before addressing her. "Very well ma'am, Ms Pierson is unpacking her things and my gear is already unpacked." He gestures to the sink and the kettle. "Would I be able to fill my canteen? It has been a long trip and I am rather parched." Catching a look at himself in the reflection of a pot, he smiles and shakes his head. He had dirt all over his face, with panda eyes from wearing dust goggles. His hair and bare forearms were also dirty, looking like he'd brought half the planet's dust with him. He addresses the lady again, "Would it also be possible to use the shipboard wash facilities? I believe the last dust storm has stuck to me somewhat."
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Lilly-Rose McAllister

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Lilly’s left eyebrow takes a slight upward hike at the suddenly very formal and stiff presentation of the man. She couldn’t deny it was a lovely change from the usual swearing, spitting mess she’d been dealing with but the military had a tendency to make her...uncomfortable. “At ease soldier.” She teased with good natured humour, if nothing else than to dispel the tension that she personally felt. “There’s no need to be so formal here, doesn’t matter who you were dirt side. You can be whoever you want to be now.” She offered, as helpfully as she could.

Gesturing to the sink where his canteen was she carried on, “Help yourself. In fact you and Miss... Pierson was it? Should join us for dinner. We try... I try... to get everyone at a dinner table at least once a month.” She continued while allowing the coffee to percolate and briefly allow her mind to wander. “I’ll confess dinner isn’t of exacting standards but we do our best with what we have.” Which usually meant that whoever was feeling brave enough delved not whatever supplies they had and attempted to recreate the few recipes they knew. An awkward family but it felt somewhat incomplete.

She shook off such notions and thoughts of her dear friends and Hal on the Thorn and turned her face to the new body. “Of course you can, in fact once I have finished checking in on the Captain how about I give you a medical once over?” She then realised she hadn’t really introduced herself. So placing down the cup and sundries she brushed her already clean hands down her equally clean skirt and offered a hand to the man. “Sorry, my manners are rusty, I’m Lilly-Rose... I guess it’s Doctor now... I’m the ship’s medic and it is a great pleasure to meet you.”
~When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:57 pm

He smiled at her, laughing a bit. "Oh I'm no soldier ma'am. I just try to professional at all times, especially when meeting new people." He relaxes a bit more and begins to fill his canteen.
"That's mighty kind of you, I'm sure we would both like a good sit down meal with good company." He tops up his canteen and takes a good long swig, before closing it and putting it on the side. It's clear from his expression that he hasn't had cold water in a while, savoring the feeling. The offer of a medical once over stumps him for a second, causing him to consider his answer. The places he usually ends up on never offer anything, unless it has a price. "Thanks for the offer, but it won't be necessary. A hot shower, or hot-ish shower, will suffice for now."
He takes her hand in a firm handshake and nods his head. "Name is Sherman, nice to meet you Doctor Lilly-Rose. Do you prefer to be addressed as Doctor, Lilly or Lilly-Rose?"
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose