Old friends and new

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:39 am

Re: Old friends and new

"McNally has history with Mamma Chang." Her eyes got a far away look as she tried to recall details. "Caine wasn't well, nothing serious, just a bit if a cough, damn it, we even made sure we got that under control so what did I miss?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 am

Henry had seen some bad reactions of Med's and Drink during his time though nothing lethal

"How badly had he been hitting the Booze?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:20 am

"Not a drop as far as I saw. He was too jumpy about bounty hunters and feeling a bit under the weather." Before Henry can ask any other questions she continues "We knew there was a risk, it was dangerous but he was set on it and damn it, none of us could think of any other options."

"I...we..I..." her throat closes up and she downs another shot to try to clear it "After, when we were still stood there.... McNally...McNally was taken by more bounty hunters, they wouldn't even let us give him a decent burial...I just stood there in the Roisin infirmary with his blood still on my hands and they took him away."

Now, she laughs bitterly "Thing is, Caine had the last word." She's shaking at the memory "He'd somehow boobytrapped himself...blew himself and one of the bounty hunters to pieces and wounded a good few others..."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:32 am

Always one last surprise left.......Yep that was Caine alright

The plan as he looked at it was pretty good for a on the spot thing, it also made him examine his own ones for Lloyd and decided that he'd need everything risky in the plan ready to go at the drop of a hat

Then the last thoughts on the needless death of a friend came to his mind.......Caine was dead and someone was gona have to answer for it, maybe not today or tomorrow but sooner or later some 混蛋 was gona have to pay

"Do we know who put the Bounty on his head?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:51 am

She blinked back tears that would still not quite come "I was there when we negotiated with a pair of bounty hunters that afternoon, you remember he got in some kind of trouble at the docks on Belerophon while we were still on the island?"

At his slight nod she carries on "Seems he ran into some of Preacher's old unit, killed some of them or some civilian Law officers so reckon it was the Alliance." Then, improbably, she suddenly looked even worse "Did you hear the transmission about Ariel?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:58 am

"Not a peep about Ariel, then again as you can see I've been a little busy with essential mtce"

The Damm Alliance, more blood on the hands of the Parliament trying to create a so called perfect universe.......What price had they paid so far, and how much more where they willing to pay for their dam perfect universe......couldn't the Alliance see that people just wanted to be left to go about their own business

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am

Tara picks up her bag, that despite everything, she'd kept close out of sheer habit and pulls out the odd black unit she kept medical records on and that he'd seen her use as a monitor with various leads and other things. As contents spill out of the normally neatly arranged bag, Henry can see half dried blood also adorns a lot of its contents.

A few seconds later, she handed the unit to him "I got one of the cortexers to download me the transmission" she tapped the screen and after a few seconds burst of static...

"This is the voice of truth..."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:24 am

"Holly Mother of God"

Well if you want to make a statement that was definitely a statement, not sure if he agreed with the method but the goals, yea he could get behind those
The way the report made it sound was that it was on autopilot on the final approach, if it had been manned it would probably have gotten to the target

"The Dust Devils, been a long time since they made the news............hopefully this ain't gona be a trend"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 am

"So do I." she nods towards the front of the ship "Eva's family are there, the Boss is taking us straight there...Lloyd's gone back to the Roisin for a while, partly because with Regan and Caine gone, they need the firepower, partly 'cause if he goes to Ariel, he'll go looking for Reynard and that'd not be a good plan as things stand. One bright spot in that, it'll put him on the same ship as Gideon, so he'll be getting a nice new identity sorted."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:59 am

"Well one good thing about Ariel, should be able to find a decent junk yard with some spares"

What Henry was really thinking about was Suring up the plan to make Lloyd disappear, he would ask Tara for some help on this but with her current state that probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Might be worth getting a hold of Lloyd at some point so they could discuss Tara. Henry would keep an eye on her but he felt that their fellow Browncoat dissevered a heads up on this
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn