Ready

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Zar Usova

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Ready

Once Zar had gotten back to her medical bay, which was essentially a table in the kitchen, she had found the kitchen was actually being used, as a kitchen! She chatted a little bit with their new cook but was definitely distracted as she went through counting her medication and putting it back in to the cabinet she kept locked.

The siege and the fighting had brought back a lot of memories. She found herself wandering what her Father was up to, where he was? She felt proud that she had managed to cope with caring for people without his guidance and had grown in confidence because of it. But she still missed him. She had asked for help from Poppy and Chai on their stay during one of the rare moments of rest and now just needed to get to work on trying to track down her Father. She would have to maybe contact a few old friends, but now that Persephone was in lock down due to being in a State of Emergency, that could prove rather tricky.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: Ready

Tara chatted briefly with the young medic and then watched her doing her best to bring order to the scant supplies the ship could muster. She shook her head, it was a sobering thought that the scrubbed table and basic supplies were better than many of the places she'd treated casualties during the war and at least here there was good light, running water and a fair chance of keeping things clean. On that subject, she added disinfectant to the list of supplies she'd try to track down along with assorted foodstuffs she'd not managed to acquire as they left Higgins Moon.

She took a batch of fragrant cookies out of the small oven and split them between two plates. One was left on the counter by the tea supplies and the other she picked up and took with her as she went in search of the engine room. Carter was owed a thank you and the mug of tea and sweet stuffs seemed a good start
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:19 pm

She'd been on enough ships over the years to not need directions to the engine room. When she got there she poked her head round the door and seeing the back end of the mechanic sticking out of a wall panel she grinned and then whistled the first couple of bars of an old song that had been an unofficial anthem for the independents.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free....

He jumped and there was a hollow clang followed by a muttered oath and Henry turned round to look at her
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Henry had been elbow deep in some basic maintance of the ship when he had caught the first lines of that fine camp fire song from the good times of the war

A little shocked but with a good idea of who had just entered he turned rubbing the back of his head and made sure it was who he thought it was before singing a couple more lines of the song (badly I might add)

"You can't the sky from me, take me out to the black, tell em that I ain't comming back, burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me"

"Heya Tara Bunks set up over there (pointing to a colapsable bed frame the could be put out of the way), other than the standard engine room safety, you know don't touch that, that or that unless I ask ya to (he said pointing to 2 levels and a tap handle) oh and I hope you don't mind but I'm in that hamock and I do snoor sometimes"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

She winced "God I hope you're a better mechanic than you are a singer or this is gonna be a short voyage." She raised the steaming mug "Thought you might want a brew." The grin he returned suggested that he might have been about to die for lack of tea and he took the mug in one hand and plate of biscuits in the other and led her to a workbench set up in the corner.

"So how'd you end up on a flyin' brothel then?" Her tone was genuinely curious and there seemed to be no hint of contempt in her voice.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:41 am

"I wasn't hired for my Singer Tara, so don't worry the ships gona stay in one very functional piece as long as I have enough gaffa oh and thanks for the Tea"

He took a long sip from the mug "aaahhhhh now that is a fine brew"

"As for how I ended up on this tub not much to tell, after the war I ended up drifting from planet to planet sell my services for passage, couldn't go home as its not there anymore. Final ended up on the same planet as this bunch and after a minor disagreement with some of the local veterans, apparently singing that old song ain't welcome in a bar full of ex-bellies, after that I kinda had to get out of dodge in a hurry and these guys were the first ship heading off planet at the time"

"hold on a Sec"

Henry gets out a note pad and starts setching some plans and numbers on the sheet

"When I get an idea I find that I have to get it on paper ASAP otherwise I forget it"

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:42 am

After jotting down some ideas for the heavier firepower that the group had needed on Higgins Moon Carter turned to Tara

"So what brought you to Higgins Moonoup had then Tara, I know you fought with the Indpendents judging by the kit choice"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:51 pm

She didn’t answer immediately, but seemed to be looking off into the distance for a few moments to gather her thoughts. “I grew up on Shadow”

Carter winced as those words pretty much covered all the tragedy of the war in their own right.

She took another deep breath “I’d already been a doctor for a few years and Gods, my skills were needed, so I joined up and spent most of the war within mortar distance of the fighting. Ended up in an internment camp hospital after I had a building fall on me, spent the rest of the war doing what I could to put the other prisoners minds back together even if I wasn’t able to work on their bodies. After that, well, there wasn’t anywhere to go home to and I ended up driftin’, making a living where I could.” She laughed then “Had a falling out with the first mate on the freighter I was workin’ on and needed to drop off the scanners. Won the place on Higgins in a poker game and well, ya know the rest.”

He didn’t need Tobias’s skills to know there was a lot she wasn’t saying but then, most of the Browncoats he knew carried a lot of things they didn’t talk about unless you poured a lot o’ whiskey into them.

She nodded towards the bunk “Thanks for that, I’m not sure those high an mighty companion types would appreciate it if I go keeping them awake some nights.”
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:28 am

"Well if you ever need someone to talk to about it Tara then you know where to find me and if needs be I'm sure I've got some of the good stuff somewhere in here"

"As for keeping that lot awake I don't think its possible in some of their cases, but still I do know the feeling of being the odd one out, until you came aboard it was Just me and the Doc who weren't guild members on this ship now the non-guilder contingent has increased by 50% that ain't bad going from just one rock"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm

For a moment she seemed to blink and then shake herself.

"Yeah, not bad going at all." She stood up and stretched "I'd better get back and start work on dinner" at the door she turned round "Thank you"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Next

Return to Jade Fawn