Settling in

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Settling in

Tara dropped her kitbag and shotgun on the bunk and after only the briefest glance at her new quarters went to find the galley. Good to his word the talkative young mechanic had piled the boxes from the holiday villa on the counter and she started checking supplies. She figured that Tobias will have more on his mind than dealing with crew admin for a few hours so she might as well get on with things.

*Anyone walking past will see everything in the kitchen area pulled out and might notice that there are a good few luxury items about that were not there before. After an hour or two there might also be interesting smells drifting down the corridors.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Companion

Character name: Eva Nightingale

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: Settling in

Eva had settled herself back on the ship and tried to recount a lot of events. McNally had informed her of the nature of Chang Li and the dangers that could occur if and when she returned. Though another part of her knew that her clients weren't going to be all rose petals and fairy dust, some would be shy and quiet like Fes Higgins others would be adventurous and interesting like Chang Li. Though Eva is inclined to keep their secrets, she is not privy to every life detail.

Eva took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror, a charming smile touched her lips and she took her red leather jacket from its hanger and decided that a cup of herbal tea will calm her after the events. She walked to the kitchen and prepared her tea. She was humming to herself a small little tune as her nerves relaxed and the feeling of being on the edge departed.

Delicately she picked up her cup and lifted it to her lips, she took a deep breathe and exhaled.

She wasn't completely calm but she felt better, though she was very concerned for her family on Ariel she wanted to be able to contact them and tell them of her adventures but there was no communication to or from the core planets.

Eva Nightingale took a seat at the table and focused on her tea.
Member of the Companion Guild

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Zar Usova

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Physically and emotionally exhausted Zar decided that it would be a good idea for her to get some food and a drink. When she returned to the kitchen she found Eva apparently lost in thought and staring at her tea. She walked passed her in silence as she went to nosy for something to nibble on and brought a tea back with her. She sat at the table but far enough away that Eva did not have to speak is she did not wish. Zar would not start the conversation, she was not the type to act all caring if it was not a medical issue. Emotional issues were for someone else to deal with! However with her upbringing it was not hard to understand why she felt that way. She didn't realise she was actually quite easy to talk to and than when someone did speak with her, she listened very well.

She did let out a little sigh, without really being aware of it. The only people who would have a lead about her Father's whereabouts were on a planet she could not contact. She was feeling more than a little hopeless.

Companion

Character name: Eva Nightingale

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Eva heard Zar enter and looked up at the small female medic. She had sat at the other end of the table and let out a sigh. Eva putting her thoughts aside looked concerned at her. "Everything okay Zar?" She hadn't spoke to the medic much so she wasn't sure what could be on her mind. She took a sip of her raspberry tea the smell soothing her senses. Eva would rather help others than focus on herself. "Would you like some Raspberry tea?" Eva asked as she slowly stood.
Member of the Companion Guild

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 pm

After finding a spare bunk Poppy had dumped her belongings and taken a few deep breaths, she still wasn't sure she had done the right thing, but right now she couldn't stay on the black rose. She no longer trusted Regan after he had made jokes with claymore - and let him just blow everything up! Hopefully Astrid would reign him in. Chai had acted more like a solider than a man and that scared her - most of them were not soliders, Kidd was broken and she didn't know how to help has was Corben. McNally was well... McNally, the two of them had never spoken much. The preacher? Well in some way she trusted him, in others, well, he scared her, plus he never approved of her less than legal activities. As for Burton, he was a ticking time bomb and she could see it, it scared her.

But running away from the people who had taken her in at her time of need? Was that the right thing to do? She wasn't sure... all she knew was she was on a ship with deadly women, a mech who had a thing for explosives, a doctor who had very little bedside manner and a cook that carried shotguns...oh and the monster of a captain, that had sworn to protect her. She was certain she shouldn't feel safe here... but she did.

After an hour or so the smell of coffee filtered down through the ship, okay time to bite the bullet as it were. She got up and left her new bunk and walked to the galley. She poked her head around the door and gave a nervous smile. "Hey." She said quietly.

Captain

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Tobias strode with dignity onto into the galley despite, or possibly because of, the cane he needed to walk without pain killers. Without word nor acknowledgement to the crew already assembled the captain made a pot of tea, obtained a cup and saucer and sat himself at the head of the table. While pouring himself a cup he began to speak. His speech carried none of the condescending and aloof tones he had while on Higgin's Moon.

His "mask", as he now called it, was off.

"My name, as you know, is Tobias Irvine. I was a captain of the interrogation core of the Alliance during the war up to about 18 months before the battle of Serenity Valley. During this time I brutally extracted information from men, women and, in some cases, children. I am responsible for no fewer than 76 sanctioned interrogations and 3 murders. I feel no remorse for these deaths. I am reliably told that this is due to my being an expertly diagnosed psychopath. I am likely the only person in the known 'verse who is not afraid of the fake monsters known as reavers. I say "fake" monster because i have looked into the eyes of a dozen or so that I killed from point blank range and saw no reflection of myself.

"This is me. I am a monster and I am your captain. Those who have a problem with this may tell me and I will plot a course for the nearest spaceport so you may depart. Those who stay will find me fair and loyal. Should you wish it, I will bring down wrath on your enemies that will make the Old Testament seem like a bedtime story.

"Any questions?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Zar Usova

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Zar was about to reply to Eva when in walked Poppy, which surprised her, she had not seen her sneak on board. But when the Captain entered soon afterwards and did not make comment, she assumed that permission had been given.

She glanced up and nodded her head slightly, "As you know Captain, I do not care of past. Or of future you bring. As say, may be monster, but honest of your evil." She replied. She truly believed that knowing her Captain was a fiend helped her react to him. She did not have to try to be nice or to like him. All she had to do was respect him for what and who he was, to which she did. So long as she gave him no cause to harm her, she trusted he would not. It was also helpful to have someone who would swear to protect her as she was sure she had a lot of people who would be willing to hurt her.

She cleared her throat and decided to speak next. "I to know we do not have all crew here." She began. "But I shall explain a little of my story." She would not tell the whole truth, they did not need to know and in all honesty, they were probably safer to not know. "Father and I had the 'back street surgery'. So as to understand, things to be done were of the illegal nature at the times." She said, "I had to leave on the sudden and separate from Father. I have to been wandering and with help of Poppy and Chai, may be able to try to find, Father." She continued. "But I sigh." She said as she turned to Eva, "As friends to help are on Persephone...and...Persephone is in the Lock Down." She replied. "So to I am being stuck...again." She looked at her Captain and the others at the table. "I am not to be being a trained doctor, but I am to be good at what I do, please, if anything is to be bothering you, at any time come to talk to me. I shall be liking to do examinations at some point to make of notes so I can keep all as healthy as is to be possible." She looked at Tobias, "Is to be being okay?" She of course would only ever do anything with her Captain's permission.

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Poppy shrugged shoving her hands in her pockets and looking at the floor a moment, then up at Tobias. "You already know my thoughts on this Tobias, er, captain. I trust you." She said knowing he would know that would carry more weight that it sounded like she meant.

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Just as the Doc was finishing her Statment Henry walked into the Kitchen area and noticing the Tea on the side went and got himself a mug of it.

Higgins Moon had been a minor reminder of all the reasons he'd hated and loved his time in the service. Hate because of the constant sence that someone was about to give him an unwanted injection of lead in 9mm form, and loved because of the sence of comradery and family that sharing the sence of near death.

And here he was with an Alliance Interigator, a Cortexer who was scared of guns, a load of companions and a Medic who'd served the cause of independance as well. In short this was gona be "interesting"

"Evening Peeps, well the engines are in decent enough condition, if you want a list of what I think we need and a list of what I'd like then I can get one of those sorted by morning. Oh and Tara your bunks sorted"

Captain

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Tobias gave a single nod to Poppy while considering his reply to Zaracla. He was the one airing secrets. The young girl would chose her own time. The mechanic he pretty much ignored. As a trained pilot he could feel that the engines were fine and currently there were more important things to say.

"A full Alliance lockdown is not within my power to breach alone. However this effects not just the Roisin crews but all of us Anti-PAX conspirators. If the situation is as bad as I believe then not only myself, but John, a few of his crew and many others may be recalled into active service. This gives me a singular opportunity that as an Alliance officer I can take advantage whereas now I can not. I can gain access to files on the PAX which can help us plot safe passage through the black or leave a trail of destruction on the reaver pretenders. I can gain access to high up people who need to .... answer a few questions. And ofcourse, I can see if your father is alive.

*IF* we do not get recalled then we shall possibly have to punch our way in and do the same thing anyway.

I may not be a kind man but for at least a few of you, a kind man is not what you need. As I said, I am a true monster, the evil man with satan licking his lips with anticipation. And where is the worst place to stand with a monster in the room? [Tobias' voice drops to a dangerous tone] Against him."
Next

Return to Jade Fawn