Settling in

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Settling in

Tara has stood quietly against the wall, simply watching as her new shipmates made their simple introductions. Not a one of them was telling anything like the full truth except Tobias and that confirmed her decision.

She nodded thanks to Henry for the arrangements he'd made and stepped forward to take a seat, the movement drew the attention of those at the table and she looked to her new captain and held his gaze.

"I'd rather serve an honest 'monster' into hell and back than a self deluding hero Sir." She looked around the table "While we're introducing ourselves - I'm Tara, you all met me briefly on Higgin's and Tobias had hired me on as cook" Again she looks to the strangely compelling man at the head of the table "If you'll allow me to also take over quartermasters duties for supplies it'll make things easier as well but if someone already deals with that I'll liaise with them."

"However, in the interest of crew safety there's no point not telling you I'm Dr Tara O'Neil, I was a general practitioner on Shadow before the War and a front line medic on several worlds during the War and it's not any kind of coincidence I still wear a lot of Brown. But I never let a man or woman die because of the colour of their uniform and I've never killed a man as far as I know in battle. Sent a fair few to a peaceful end when that was the only mercy I could offer though." She took a slightly ragged breath then "I don't have nothin' left anywhere in the 'verse to go back to so out in the Black is as close to home as I'm ever likely to see."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Companion

Character name: Eva Nightingale

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Eva quite taken back by the sudden announcement. Well if it was needed to be said then she would say it. She always thought that past was past and that it wasn't always important for everyone to know the ins and out of a persons history. Though it was interesting to know a persons history she was new to the black and was young to the dangers of the verse as she had always been protected.

"You're past doesn't bother me Tobias" Was all she said in reply to the man. "If you would like to know, McNally managed to persuade my last employer out of a permanent contract I was not fond of, she remains a Client of mine but is now more agreeable to simple visits and not long term stays on my part." She paused. "I know shes a dangerous women but that is unimportant to me" she paused. "I am more concerned about my family back on Ariel, though I shouldn't have much for concern" again she paused. "I am an open book you can ask me questions whenever you feel the need and I will listen to your problems and assist however I can" She looked at each person in the room and held a small smile on her lips, a confident smile but empathetic as well.
Member of the Companion Guild

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Poppy chewed her lip nervously. it had been a few years since she had been in the core. "So, you think we need to head to the core and find out what's goin' on? Or do you know what's goin' on and think somethin' needs stoppin'?" She asked. She had never even heard of the core shutting down like that, there wasn't even any cortex chatter, even during the war there had been military chatter...guess you could stop the signal, but it was weird.

Buddhist Companion

Character name: Maya Sakura

Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:05 am

The others, deep in thought or talking hadn't noticed Maya slip into the room. She still wasn't used to the smell of the ship, a cacophony of different odours competing with each other, so different to the calming incense she kept burning in her shuttle. She still felt apart from the crew of the Roisin Oiche, her own fault really. These were good people, people she could help.

She let their talk wash over her.

She didn't belong here, yet, but maybe she could, if she let them in.

She sat quietly, watching, considering

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Zar Usova

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:05 am

Zar had said all she intended to say so she sat quietly. Weighing up what people were saying and more importantly, what people were not saying. Her grasp of English had improved dramatically and she was beginning to understand more. However what she could not understand was the full impact of the lock down. Something big was happening, as to what and how it would effect each and everyone of them, she did not yet know.

She glanced at the new arrival and gave a small nod. She was not one to make easy conversation and had not really introduced herself to their guest. She was of the thought that if someone wanted to be friendly they would choose to be. However she may have use of her skills. Not the sexual kind, but the meditation she had mentioned. Zar's mind was full of fog right now, it would be nice to gain some clarity.

She turned to listen to Eva. She seemed the typically 'nice' person. She did wander what she was doing on board their ship. Everyone seemed to have some sort of issue. After Tara had spoken Zar was somewhat relieved there was another person on board who would be able to help patch up the crew. She would talk about supplies with her at some point and possibly discuss leaving her the spare key to the cabinet. She was very careful when it came to giving out drugs.

She sipped her tea, contemplating the events of the last few days and further. She did wonder how her life had reached this point. She did hope that her past would not catch up with her on this ship. She was finding herself growing quite fond of the rag tag bunch on board.

She gave a small nod to the mechanic and wondered what he thought of all of the revelations from the crew. She knew he had been a Browncoat, serving under an Alliance monster was going to be most definitely new for everyone.

Captain

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:16 pm

"The core is but one possibility. It is the fastest route to the end of this play but I am not the play-write. We could still be in the first act. It falls on us to play our parts. I have cast myself as villian for that is what I must always be. I beleive I understand who the hero is but time shall tell. One thing that should put your minds at ease: the villain is not necessarily the enemy of the hero. My enemy, such as they are, are the fake monsters you call reavers, rapists and the Drill Sargent Mckenna's of the Verse."

Tobias finished his tea and rose to leave.

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Poppy stiffened at the mention of rapists, even the word set her on edge, only so she should really work through these issues but she didn't like talking about it. She was going to ask about the person that Tobias had mentioned but he was getting up to leave, so she took that as he had had enough of being social for now, she would remember the name to ask if the others didn't though. "I think of you as more of the ani-hero." She commented, after all two of the women on this ship he had sworn to protect and revenge for the wrong doings to them.

Buddhist Companion

Character name: Maya Sakura

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:13 am

Maya returned Zar's unspoken greeting. She looked forward to catching the medic in a quiet moment and getting to know her better. She reminded Maya of some of the more interesting people she had met around the port back on Bernadette, before they set off for the rim. She was also looking forward to teaching her meditation. Teaching was one of the few things she missed from her old life, she thought wistfully.

Her thoughts were momentarily disturbed by the movement of air accompanying the departure of Tobias. There was another interesting person. She hadn't heard the whole conversation, but from what she did listen to it was clear that although moving on to the life of a Companion, Tobias hadn't completely left the interrogator behind. A small smile flickered across Maya's face as she cast her mind back to "that" side her training and she wondered how much of what he had learnt as an interrogator Tobias was able to use with his clients. Maya made a second mental note, to catch Tobias alone and see if she could learn something from him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sifu Maya Sakura

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Tara drifted back to the kitchen area deep in thought...interesting...For a monster Tobias seemed remarkably focussed on protecting his people...and then there was the little cortexer in her many layers who looked like a startled rabbit...not when the Reavers were mentioned but when she heard the word rapist...the same cortexer who'd been curled in a ball every time a gun went off back on the Moon. Yes...this was looking to be an interesting crew all right.

Well, they'd all get to know each other better over the next few days and if any of them needed help it'd be obvious soon enough.

She looked at the clock, plenty of time to lay on a decent meal this evening and it'd help folks settle in.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you
Previous

Return to Jade Fawn