Old friends and new

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Old friends and new

She didn't reply for a while and they sat and drank in companionable silence for a while.

Finally she cleared her throat "Lloyd an' I did a fair bit of talking and thinking the last few days about that idea we keep throwing around about getting a ship of our own, somewhere to call home...so I figure I sould as you if you're serious when you say you'd be interested?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 pm

"As long as its not done behind the bosses back I'm in, this place is gaining as many painful memories as when I was enlisted"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm

"I've not talked to him yet, no point unless we're serious about it but you're right, if we look at things and can come up with enough money and a plan, he'll be the first person to know if it goes from us dreaming to planning if you know what I mean."

She smiles "I did have one thought, if'n you don't mind it involving a fair chunk of work and if it's still there and he's willing to sell to three of us in the right coloured coats, I know a rancher who's got an old Firefly blockade runner he's using as a barn. It'd been stripped of the weapons and it's been sat there with bales of hay in the hold but he told me he'd flown in her during the war and couldn't bring himself to let her go to scrap."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:09 pm

"You're right though, too many memories" She thinks about the conversation with Eva earlier that day that her little brother might well end up aboard the ship "Too many things that remind us all of what might have been."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Henry's mind raced with the possibilities......and old blockade runner which meant probably a MK 2 or 3 Firefly most of spaces where the weapons would have gone would still be there and depending on the competence of the strip down team some of the weapon systems electronics might also be in there

He'd need to inspect it but if had been used as a barn and had been on the ground for any real length of time it was gona need a complete over hall of the engines at least just to get her to a dry dock to do the work properly

He poured himself another large one and worked over what else was gona be needed to get that create flying again........

"Which planet will we find this lovely old bird?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:58 pm

His words pulled her out of her reverie "Well, that could be the other problem, the ranch is on Lilac. I worked in some out of the way places after the war. Last time I was there was about six years ago so no way to know if she's still there but Sgt Martin was not the type to give up at anything and he had done his best to keep her mothballed as best he could from what he said." She shrugged "If he's not been eaten by Reavers, I'm betting he'll still be there, but unless they get the cortex back up, there's no way to find out short of going to see." She raised her glass and smiled "I reckon he'll be willing to talk at least, I delivered his grandaughter while I was there."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 pm

"Fair enough, we might have to come prepped with a fairly large selection of spare parts though, just to be on the safe side"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

"I could do with getting a message to him." She smiles now, momentarily distracted "It'll not be something we can do right away anyhow, but no harm in thinking about how to see if it's an option and no reason to not start thinking about how we could do things, how we can find a bit of a way to set our own path."

Now, she looks more sombre again and holds out her glass for a refill.

"I don't want to see any more friends die...seen too many..." her voice fades into a tightness that she can't shift and she doesn't notice when she's finally crying.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Previous

Return to Jade Fawn