Old friends and new

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Old friends and new

Tara stands outside the small bunk and waves John Doe inside. "Get yourself settled in tonight, I'll see you at breakfast and then we can do your medical and give you the tour." She's clearly not wanting to have an extended conversation and at his slight nod, walks off down the corridor.

A short walk and a set of stairs later she arrives in the engine room. The only sound is her bag hitting the floor and her slightly ragged breathing as she fumbles with the catch on the locker where they keep the booze.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Re: Old friends and new

Henry Comes in to find Tara trying to get into the Booze Locker

"Might Help if you used the right Key my dear"

Henry then notices the look on Tara's face and instantly has a feeling its one of those "I've seen some Shit" looks

Putting on his Best Command Voice

"Tara park ya ass on the chair, I'll sort out the Drinks, you just tell me what the hell has happened"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Tara steps aside but instead of moving to a seat she leans back against the bulkhead and slides down until she's sat on the floor with her arms around her knees.

"Caine's dead and I killed him."She blinked rapidly "So help me, I was supposed to keep him safe and I killed him."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:51 pm

"WHAT!!!!!"

Henry now notices that Tara's still got both her firearms on her and in the state she appears to be in thinks its not such a good idea for her to have those and booze

"Right Tara, we are gona talk about this properly over some bottles, we will raise a glass to the fallen and will remember him, but before we do any of that you need to stow ya weapons and get yourself cleaned up, that's an ORDER you get me"

Henry gives her his best Do It Now or I'll do it for ya look and waits for her to get moving

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:07 pm

It takes a few moments for his words to penetrate, she's got a far away look in her eyes, but finally, she unholsters her ratty looking sawn-off an lays it on the floor, followed, after another short pause, by her pistol.

Finally she gets slowly to her feet but instead of reaching down to retrieve the weapons she turns even whiter and dashes out of the door towards the heads.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Whilst Tara's gone Henry decides to unload the weapons starting with the Pistol removing the mag and the one in the chamber before putting the safety back on then looking at the shotgun he notices the safety is broken in the off position.........she really could have hurt herself or someone with these and the booze

With that discovery he decides to put both of em in the wall locker and locks it properly before moving to the booze lock-up removing 2 bottles and some glasses he lays em out on the table and then waits for Tara to return. It had been an age since he'd had one of these conversations, the last having been in a POW camp after the war he hadn't liked em then and he sure as hell wasn't looking forward to this one either

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 pm

It takes a while, she's not eaten a lot since the night before, but she couldn't convince her stomach of that but finally she stumbled to the sink and scooped up cold water to clean her face and rinse her mouth out. She wiped her hands on her shirt and realised they came away bloody which returned her to her original position.

Several minutes later she walk slowly back into the engine room and without a word throws her now wet but mostly bloodless coat on the bench before retreating to the back and dragging clean trousers and shirt out of her kit bag.

Finally, she rejoins Henry and half stumbles into a chair. She tries to rub the grittiness out of her eyes but only succeeds in making it worse.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:03 pm

With Tara in a chair the first thing Henry does is pass her a full glass, she looked better for the wash down but that was physically, this was probably something that had been done by Soldiers since back when it became a profession, sitting down with a squad mate to morn the death and make sure that one didn't feel like it was their mistake that had killed their friend

"When your ready to tell me EXACTLY what happened then please begin Tara"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:52 pm

The first glass goes down in one belt and she doesn't even wince but her hand is still shaking badly enough that it takes a moment to pour her a refill. The second, she drinks a little slower and she starts to speak as he again refills the glass.

"Going to this was a mistake, I know McNally had no option, but three people on one ship with bounties on their heads wasn't gonna be unnoticed around that kinda company." She continued to sip the booze as she spoke. "Guild bounty hunters tried to get Caine..two...three? Times, folks were getting hurt dealing with them and Caine an the rest started to try an figure a way to get the heat off him." She rubbed her eyes "Someone suggested about the only thing that'd satisfy the Guild would be his dead body and the idea kinda stuck and a chunk of planning and more money that McNally could really afford had a drug that should have made him look dead as they come. Plan got a bit messed about, but it came down to me and him and Ernest an Dom's sister who'd been working as a doc for the Tong, taking the Roisin up an staging an airlock accident."

She finished the glass and held it out for a refill before taking a deep breath. "I'm not much of a pilot, but I got her up and into orbit then.." She swallowed "Then I drew some of his blood and injected it in various places to make him look like he'd been exposed to vacuum and we started giving him the drug a bit at a time. We'd been told it might take seven or eight doses to get him under far enough to fool folks an he just dropped deeper and deeper on every dose till I couldn't detect...till I couldn't detect his pulse on five doses."

She finally puts the half empty glass down when her shakes are so bad she's spilling more than she's drinking and buries her head in her hands "We got him in the airlock sharpish and came in hot, broadcasting that there'd been an accident and folks tried to save him an I was getting a sick, sinking feeling when he was'nt showin' any kind of response but kept hoping the drugs were just that good. They made sure folks from the guild and others saw his body then left us to it in the Infirmary to bring him out of it but...but he was gone..."

Now she looks at henry and it takes her a second or two to get her shaking under enough control to continue. "I Stood there telling him it's be ok... telling him he'd be all right..."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Henry hated himself for not being able to get planet side for this one but the Fawn had needed more work than he'd anticipated after taking all those refugees on-board at Shadow, he took a long Slug from his own drink and contemplated the plan working it though in his own head though not being medically trained didn't help on most of the details

On a quick basic inspection the plan seemed sound, he knew Caine with a little prep work could have faked the airlock problem with ease, hell Henry had been thinking along the lines of ways to make realistic looking accidents happen in case they'd needed to make Lloyd "disappear"

They'd made sure that there where medically trained folk administering the drugs thought he didn't know about how good Ernest or this unknown lady where he did know Tara and that would have been enough for him to feel safe on that part

"Did anyone do any kind of checks on the Drug or the person who sold it to us?"
Next

Return to Jade Fawn