After Summerfair

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Re: After Summerfair

Henry Came in to find Tara and Caine chatting

"Heya Tara, I know its possibly not in the best nick at the moment but this here sheet steel's gona have to do as a table until we can get some more wood to replace the damaged one"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Her eyebrows go up and she blinks but then smiles.

"Not that I'd object to a nice clean metal table to clean down next time one of you is on there getting stitched up, do you reckon you can just take a few inches off each side to remove the evidence of Lloyd's little accident and add a nice wide strip of metal? If the Boss asks, it's to make extra room now we're running at full crew."

"Oh, before I forget, I gave Lloyd one of the radio's, don't really want him off comms for a while...."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Caine looked to Tara then Henry... "we could use the metal as a base then add the wood on top that can be taken off so the table can double as an extra surgical table..."

He shrugged "best of both worlds can't see Tobias being pissed with that..."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:38 pm

"Works for me"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm

"Sounds like a workable plan, I'll keep you company for a while and lend a hand. Lloyd can get a hold of me on the radio if he needs anything."

She smiles "You two want me to put the kettle on?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Caine smiles and nods "sounds a plan..."

He lifts over one of the large pieces of the ex table and starts to measure it ready for cutting and adapting.."

He looks over to Henry ... "any chance you have a planer to smooth this down chief.."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Sherman Lee

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 pm

"Thanks, I'll try not to get it wet."

He takes the radio and smiles at Tara, before grabbing a towel and heading towards the ladder. After making his way down to the lower level, he took some time to look around.

So this is how the other half live...

He gets undressed and turns on the shower, waiting until it gets warm before entering it. It was the first time he had been in a hot shower in months, the orderlies at the facility had forcibly cleaned him with freezing cold water. He sits down, letting the water pour over him while he thinks over the past months and Shadow. After zoning out for a while, he realises his stitches are getting soaked and jumps out of the shower. Cursing, he drys himself as best as he can and puts his clothes back on. Picking up the radio, he turns it on to channel two.

"Hey, I kinda got the stitches wet... I think they're OK though..."
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Tara’s sat watching the two mechanics turn one damaged table and a hunk of metal into hopefully a table that’ll convince the boss it was a good idea when the radio squarks so there is a degree of background noise as she replies.

She shakes her head at Lloyd's words “Don’t worry too much, I figured some of those dressing would need sorting after you’d got clean anyhow. You want me to head down and check them out for you?”

She’s picked up her bag and headed towards the stairs anyhow to get away from the noise.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 pm

Caine looked up at Henry... "have you got anything that can get this thing polished and good for surger? There are a few rust spots and bits we could do with getting rid of, any ideas apart from steam cleaning the shit out of them?"

He carries on measuring and looking through the best sections of wood to use.

- Mason, John

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:43 am

After a while Caine has finished sanding and plaining the wood carefully he wipes it down and looks a long the line checking his workmanship.

He smiles "Its good to create something useful and non dangerous once in a while."

- Mason, John
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn