After Summerfair

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: After Summerfair

Clipping the radio on to her belt Tara returns to the kitchen and finds she now has the place to herself. The bigger bits of splintered wood have been cleared up so a bit of sweeping finished the job and she cracks on with cleaning away the signs of both breakfast and Lloyd's breakdown. She shakes her head as she looks at the damage to the table. Probably better talk to Henry, and Caine if he was still aboard before Lloyd was finished in the shower.

As He'd not been in the engine room, it's a fair bet Henry will be downstairs so giving the counter a last swipe with a cloth, she picks up her bag and goes looking for him.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Caine looks up at her as he walks in with the cutter, he sets it down on the side and looks across to her...

" I'm sorry, I only wanted to make things right and check on him... I didn't mean to set him off and make it worse, I like theguy and wanted him to know that we care for him and tried to get him out as soon as we could."

He runs his hands through his hair and looks at her, his eyes bleary and bloodshot, exhaustion leaking from his body...

"i ain't good with words when it comes to people I care for... I say what's on my heart, so they know I speak the truth an that I care... Precious few hear me speak like it... More so though than in a life time... Sorry."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Tara hears him out and shakes her head in resignation "Caine, you're a good man, but sometimes, I wonder how in hell you've got this far in life without one of your friends knocking your block off let alone your enemies."

She leans back against the wall and sighs "I know your heart's in the right place but did you really think that asking that boy for understanding and giving him excuses was gonna help him? Damn it man, I got you to come over so I could have a quiet chat about what in hell happened on that rescue and on Shadow, I wasn't expecting you to go blurting out the first damn thing that came into your head." She rubs the heel of her hands into her eyes and then rubs her face as if trying to clear a headache.

Finally she meets Caine's gaze and he can see how worried she is "Now, while I've got a few minutes, what the hell happened? If I'm going to be able to help Lloyd, I need to have an idea what the hell he's seen and been through and the scant attempt at medical records the Roisin sent over aren't gonna come close to telling me what I need to know."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Caine nodded and looked at her..

"in honest truth I don'tfucking know... We attached to the ship. I eva'd to sabotage flight systems while the cortexers went to work getting us in without them knowing... My guess is they failed."

He sat down and let out a sigh...

"we were pinned in a corridor, Regan and Locke bleeding out while we were peppered by auto fire, we were fucked so I went out on the hull to get to the bridge to out flank and shut them down, I blew the fuel line when they cycled up the engines, I was minutes too late, they'd set the ship into the missle defence grid.... Pods were ejecting I knew that Lloyd was a high value asset and would be on one. I didn't make the fucking plan but I did all I could to save him..."

He's slowly been getting angrier by the minute as he remembers.

"as the pods were ejecting the timer was ticking down, we loaded our wounded on and I was the last on the shuttle at the last second as I tried checking data feeds for a location..."

He sighs and looks at her.... "it's true what I said I go over and over it every night, I wanted to get him back and punish those who did it, you're allowed to be pissed... I'm pissed for many reasons."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:27 pm

She nods and seems to be filing the information away "And after that? I need to know everything that you can tell me Caine." She's still leaning against the bulkhead as she speaks. Finally a tired and rather sad smile softens her face. "I know you're as played out as the rest of us, but this is important. For Lloyd...and for me."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:42 pm

He sighed deeply.... "We should never have gone there....you know as a doctor the foolishness of picking at old wounds... When we go Lloyd back be spent a good while with the docs looked touch an go this doc sara was with him as well, when he was out of danger and awake he looked like a man half dead. . I'd seen the look before a man without his weapon, he felt empty... I knew he'd be like that, I've seen Lloyd in the field, he was never less than an inch from his weapon... So first thing I did was put his unloaded rifle beside him and laid his hand on it so he knew where it was, it seemed to help, he perked up a bit.... Got his feet wet when the time called for it."

"if you ask me we should have dusted off the second we could at least taken Lloyd and others out of there while we tried to rig up the grasshopper.... We were fucked from the second we got there Hon.... It wasn't a refugee centre it felt more like a gorram war..."

He sits forward his head in his hands he is silent for a few minutes, then starts shaking slowly his upper body giving short sharp jerks, then she noticed the drips of water falling from his face...

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:18 pm

She listened and much as she hated it, she was glad he was too preoccupied by his own feelings to notice her own, she felt herself go white and it took her quite a while to get the shaking under control.

Finally she swallowed and shook herself, time to put her game face on, neither Caine nor Lloyd needed to see her lose it and she pushed off from the wall and went over to him. "Sorry honey... That helps..that helps me a lot." She patted him on the arm "Hopin' that letting it out a bit 'll make it easier for you an' all."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 pm

"I...I.."

He looks at her closely now she is nearer... sees the stress she is under and what must being going on in her head regarding her former home and family.

He takes a breath and looks at her then slowly puts his arm around her, burying his own needs to give back to a woman who he knows gives her all without thinking of herself.

He holds her close and says trying to keep his voice level....

"I cannot imagine what you are going through right now, I only wish I could have helped more now and in the past, you are one of the finest and caring people I've ever known and you need to be able to unload your problems as well especially at this time."

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:55 am

For a second she doesn't respond but then she returns the hug before swatting him round the head

"Now gerroff ya daft begga, I'll be fine, ya hear?"

She steps back, but her smile is genuine and she does look a little less strung out.

"Now where's Henry? It occurred to me that you might end up helping and the idea of not checking what I'd find to serve dinner on seemed a mite foolish."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 am

Caine smiled "ok but remember you have folks here too that care for you... He should be back any minute he was grabbing some metal.'

- Mason, John
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn