Flight from Shadow

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Sherman Lee

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Re: Flight from Shadow

"He's got to use the head too, I don't think he factored that into his plans when he said he wasn't leaving the cockpit!"

He laughs and pours another drink, looking back at his arm.

"Not at the moment, but I suspect that the jury rigged fixes to get it workin' aren't going to last too long. I've lost some of the functionality as a result so I can't distinguish hot or cold at the moment. Pressure is also not right either."

His mind begins to fill with feelings and images from the surgery on Shadow, as well as the feeling of the taser attacking his nerves from the months prior. He goes quite, locked in his own little world once again.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:55 pm

His cheerfulness seems somehow forced and as he talks about his arm she sees him shutdown and withdraw. It’s hard to not feel the prickle of tears behind her eyes, so much for giving him a chance to normalise and heal a little before facing this.

She hunkers down in front of him “Lloyd? Can you hear me honey?” He doesn’t really answer her but she carries on “You’re having what’s called a flashback, I think talking about your arm triggered some memory and it’s so strong it probably feels very real right now, more real than sitting here in the engine room does. It’s ok though, it’s just a memory and it can’t hurt you, you’re safe here. No one on this ship is gonna hurt you or let anyone else hurt you and I’m gonna be right here.”

Training and instinct are in conflict for her, her instinct is to reach out to him but experience tells her that touch is not always wise when someone is so far away and he's got too many wounds to risk causing him to fight or run.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Character name: TBC

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Sarah – now Frankie, Frankie Lam – walks the corridors of the ship. It's a habit she picked up from before, when keeping fit in space was encouraged by the company, and she always seems to think better when her feet are moving. So, she walks circuits and thinks.

They lent her some clothes. Sarah chose what she thought Frankie would wear – sandals, a long, flowing summer skirt, a cute crocheted vest – in short, something that isn't typical Sarah slacks and a t-shirt. Over it all is the white lab coat. She can't quite bring herself to part with that yet.

She is trying to decide what The Plan is, but other thoughts keep getting in the way. Lloyd. David. Someone else who has recently become important to her. What she saw on Shadow. What she did before that (she must, on some level, have known, because she isn't a stupid person). David's cold clipped voice over the intercom telling them twelve minutes. The thought that the news of her death has probably reached her family by now. No. Definitely not thinking about that. Once 'the heat' (is that what they call it?) has died down, she'll find a way to send them a wave. Or something. It'll be a challenge, but not one that Sa... Frankie can't handle.

She's arrived at this decision at the same time as she arrives at the engine room, which is probably somewhere she isn't supposed to be. Then again, she's fairly sure it isn't supposed to be a speakeasy either, and that is definitely whisky, not engine oil, that she smells.

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:58 am

Henry had been busy ever since they got off Shadow

with all the extra passengers, the ships life support was a little on the taxed side but still working and so after 9 hours straight keeping the thing from breaking he'd decided to head to the Engine room to make sure he didn't burn out.

As he approached the engine room he noticed a stranger standing outside and judging by the duds that she wasn't a refuge

"Can I help ya my dear?" he said

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Sherman Lee

Post Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Tara's words seem distant to him as the nightmare unfolds. He can almost feel the electricity coursing though him from the taser dug into his ribs. His jump back to reality makes him spill the drink onto the deck, but he manages to hold onto the shot glass.

"Sorry, was somewhere different for a moment there. You were saying?"

The sound of footsteps outside the engine room make him tense up, yet another reaction that had surfaced as part of his captivity. Seeing Sarah at the door made him relax, she was dressed differently but the white lab coat stood out.

"Ahh, nice of you to join us! Tara this is Dr Sarah, she did a lot of work on my arm."

He also heard the familiar voice of Henry.

"Henry! I hope you don't mind but we started early. Drink?"
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Henry looked at Lloyd, the guy had probably been through hell by the look on his face, a look that he remembered all to well from the war, hopefully he'd improve with some time.

"A Drink does sound like a grand idea, especially after trying to make sure we didn't all suffocate"

"Also Ms Sarah allow me to introduce myself, the Name is Henry Carter ships engineer and general near do well of this fine vessel, if you are ever looking for a drink and a chat then feel free to drop in"

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 pm

This suggestion does sound good. She steps in, trying not to trip over her sandals.

"Hi - Tara, Henry. Lloyd. A drink and a chat sounds good. Uh, I'm kind of going by 'Frankie' now. I am offically dead and trying to stay like that." She smiles, but it's clear by her expression that the whole thing is still a bit weird for her.

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Henry heads over to one of the lockers at the back and pulls out 2 Glasses and then pours to generous drinks and hands one to the new lady

"Frankie...Got it, thanks for helping to get our friend out of that place by the way, its good to have him back"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Tara pats Lloyd on the shoulder as she stands up and turns to the new comers. As ever, she has a ready and welcoming smile for Henry and as he settles down with a drink she nods at the food "Tuck in." before stepping a little closer to 'Frankie'. She hold out her hand "Good to meet you. I'm Tara, ships cook...among other things. Lloyd tells me we surely owe you thanks for getting him back to us in one piece so as Henry says, make yourself comfortable." The engine room is neat and well kept but surprisingly welcoming.

*Tara's medical kit is still sat on the side and it's pretty obvious Lloyd has been cleaned up and his wounds attended to recently.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Sarah/Frankie finds somewhere to sit and is careful not to knock anything over. She handles the whisky a bit like radioactive waste.

"He came close to coming back in many pieces... well, particles, but, hey. Here we are." Looking over at Lloyd. "You're looking much better for not getting shot in the past 24 hours."
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn