Flight from Shadow

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Sherman Lee

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Flight from Shadow

"Yeah slowing down a lil bit is probably for the best. I don't think I could take throwing up at this time."

He held on to the shot this time, having a look around the engine room.

"I'm sure I can help you out, flyin' a shuttle ain't so hard. I'm pretty sure the folks on the Roisin will be wanting to know how I'm getting on anyhow, so we can have a training flight over there."

He laughed with her "I can teach you how to use a hoverbike or hovermule as well if you want to go fast on the ground too, the bike might be a bit fast if you're only used to a gallop mind!"

He smiles, thinking back to the bunk room he had been assigned.

"Thanks for the offer, but I kinda got used to the quiet so I'll stay in my bunk. Once I bring a few of my things over from the Roisin and make it more like home it'll be a lot better. Besides, don't want to be keepin' y'all awake at night."
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:02 pm

"The doors always open and, well, lets just say that Henry's pretty good at not hearing things when needed."

As he mentions his gear Tara winces slightly

"Ah, yes, that's something I'll need to talk to you about." She looks a little embarrassed "Until you're...feeling yourself..I'll need to ask you to not keep any loaded weapons in your bunk. Henry's got some nice secure lockers, but, well, if someone were to startle you at the wrong moment and you were running on instinct." When Lloyd looks at her a little puzzled she goes on "Last person I was helping woke up, pulled a gun and was damn close to blowing my brains out. Is a risk I'm willing to take, but folks care about you and if one of them comes in..." this time she lets the sentence go unfinished.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm

"Loaded guns? I'd never keep any of my guns loaded on board! Who were you treatin' that would do something so gorram stupid?!"

He shook his head, gun safety had been the first thing drilled into his head by his father.

"Keep the ammunition in the secure lockers, but if you don't mind I'd like the guns to stay with me. It's kinda calming, almost therapeutic, for me to strip them down and keep them in good order. If you don't think that's a good idea you can lock them in a locker in my room. All except the Zhu Gunworks revolver, that stays out regardless."

He looks over in the direction of the door, knowing that he hadn't had chance to unload the weapons used on Shadow since getting on board.

"There's a few of them that are still loaded from being planet side, should probably go unload them now before more drink is had..."

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Her laugh is warm this time "Not so much stupid as..over trained. Gave Henry quite a turn as well." She seems to find the memory more amusing than anything.

She looks at his bandaged hand "You want some help cleaning those guns? I'm no stranger to the job even if I don't much like using them against people. Miss going out to get something for the pot and as an excuse to go for a ride." Another smile, it's one of the good memories. "I know the code to the locker so we can get the ammo stowed away after and carry on getting to know our friend here." She taps the bottle with a nail.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:57 pm

"I bet!"

He looked down at his hand, then to his cybernetic arm. Neither of them were in particularly great condition.

"I think just getting them unloaded will be a good start, can't have all the fun right away!"

He gets up slowly, trying to cause himself as little discomfort as possible, before moving to his bunk room. Most of his gear is loosely scattered about the floor, with a machine gun sitting near the bottom of the bunk. He motions to it with his bandaged hand.

"Leave that 'till last, it's probably still warm."

The images of the field played through his mind, the sound of the rounds firing off, shell casings hitting the ground, were too much for him to think about.

"So, I guess here is my little collection!"

He pulls out a gun bag from under the bed and opens it, showing a trio of firearms. One is a shotgun, one is a well worn looking Rolling Block sporting rifle and the other is an ornately engraved lever action rifle. The lever action is wrapped carefully in a threadbare cloth, but details can sill be seen through it. He grabs the shotgun and carefully passes it to Tara.

"This thing saved my gorram life down there, I'm glad I kept it around for emergencies."

He reached under the bunk and pulled out his sniper rifle, removing the mag and ejecting the chambered round. Placing it down on the bunk with the other guns, he pulled out an ammo tin and dumped the rounds into it. He also placed the bandoleer of magazines from around his body into the tin, having forgotten it was still around him.

"Thankfully I didn't load up and pistols, mind you it wasn't like I was able to shoot the damn things!"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:21 pm

She clears the shotgun as soon as he passes it to her, it seems to be done out of habit and she drops the shells into the box before running an appreciative eye over the rest of his collection, especially the very fine rifle.

"Your hand 'll heal soon enough now you can rest it, and the rest of you for that matter." She shows him the cleared weapon and stows it back in the case before looking round the sparsely furnished room. "Anything you need until you can get over to the Rose to get the rest of your gear?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:23 pm

"Yeah rest is much needed, but not before having some more booze!"

He laughs and closes up the gun case, before putting it back under the bunk along with the sniper rifle.

"I guess that leaves the machine gun then."

He places the gun carefully on the bunk, making sure it's sitting properly on the tripod. He makes the gun safe and takes what little ammunition is left in the belt and places it into the tin.

"Actually, if you want to lock any of the guns away it would be this one. I don't think I can have it in the same room as me at this time."

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:47 pm

"I'm happy enough to just clear the ammo, but the lockers will take that easily so may as well not have it cluttering the place up." She winks as she looks round the small space and picks the machine gun up as well as the box of assorted ammo.

When they get back to the engine room she opens a locker somewhere in the back and puts them away. "Sit down and relax, I'll be back in five. Realised I should probably take the boss some food or he'll get grumpy."

She pops into the kitchen but instead of preparing food, she fires up the comms panel and sends a short wav to Burton and Corbon

"I know y'all are probably as busy as we are, but it'd be appreciated if you could send me Lloyd's medical records, up to date preferably and any observations on his physical and mental state."

Lastly she pulls out the rest of the baking and sets it up on the counter to feed any of the crew who pass by and heads back.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:50 pm

"Alright, be careful though. Tobias wasn't in the best of moods when we left."

He sits back down in the engine room, grabbing the bottle of booze and pouring himself and Tara another shot. He sits hers down on a shelf before consuming his own, staring at the contents of the bottle. Placing it down, he began looking over his cybernetic arm, realizing that there was an indentation on the forearm scaffold. He rubs his fingers along it, remembering the machete blow that he had blocked with it whilst manning the barricade.

If it was a regular arm it would be missing after a blow like that.

He looked over the rest of it, noting that there was a fair amount of cosmetic damage, as well as the internal workings that were no longer operable or deliberately shut down.

Looks like a surgery job, maybe even replacement. I hope Sarah is up to that. Going to need to find parts though.

He is so engrossed in performing a self diagnostic on the arm he barely notices Tara coming back into the engine room. He is slightly startled when he looks up.

"Sorry, was miles away there, you're shot is on that shelf there. How's the Boss?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:08 pm

For the few moments it takes him to notice her, she gets a chance to study Lloyd as he examines his arm. When he speaks, she files her thoughts away for later and smiles before collecting her drink and sitting down with a sigh.

"I decided to take you advice and just lwft food out for folks in the galley. He'll be down to make more tea at some point."

He's still got the same sombre expression as he had inspecting his arm. "I don't know a lot about that kind of gear, is it giving you problems?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn