If all else fails - do something

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:55 am

If all else fails - do something

*Occuring on the same day as Lloyd's message arrived on the Roisin*

The long wooden table has been scrubbed within an inch of its life and the kitchen storage has pretty much been emptied onto it so Tara can clean and scrub everything.

In the weeks since Christmas, almost everyone has been subdued and recovering both physically and mentally but as her ribs are now no more than an irritation she can ignore, she’s working off some of her frustration at the apparent lack of progress in finding Lloyd by spring cleaning. The air smells of coffee and disinfectant and there are occasional mutterings as she digs out the last of the supplies.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Zar Usova

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: If all else fails - do something

Things had been a little tense around the ship after recent events. There had been a lot for people to come to terms with and some serious injuries amongst members of the crew. Zar wasn’t aware of it but a message had managed to reach the Rose from their abducted comrade. That could mean more injuries were likely to occur.
Christmas hadn’t quite gone to plan and facing one’s own mortality was not her idea of fun. Though it is a great story to tell, something lower key that wouldn’t get her heart rate going would be appreciated so she had gone in search of something to occupy her mind. After the near death experience of plummeting in to the ocean had passed, she did come to really value her crew mates. They were people that could be depended upon in a crisis and she felt that she really needed to make more of an effort to get to know them.
That was why she had requested a little culinary help from Tara.
Zar was able to burn cereal, it was a talent in itself but not very appetising. She always wanted to get to know the other medical help on board; she really didn’t know her story or what made her tick. She felt that cooking lessons would be a nice way to bond, she only hoped Tara knew what she was getting herself in to. "Hallo." She said as she came in and saw the organised chaos that was on offer, "Is this to being a bad time?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Tara gives the now very clean oven one last swipe of the rag in her hand and stands up.

She greets Zar with a smile "Never a bad time for company and at least while everything is laid out we can see if you really are as unskilled as you say you are." As she talks she washes her hands and pours coffee. "You want a brew to sit with while we talk?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm

"Is the coffee to be like tar?" She asked hoping it would be, a good shot of caffeine would help with anything that ailed her. She gave a weak smile, "Cooking was not to be being important before." She said as she nodded her head to the first question and looked for a space they could sit.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

"Well now, if it's that type of coffee you're wantinng we can start the teaching right here."

Tara come over and retrieves an old and battered espresso pot from one of the boxes and grabbing a foil bag nods at Zar to come over to the cooker.

"You ever used one of these before?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:11 pm

She shook her head, "Food was to be for quick meals, between the working, my father or the grateful people from the clinic was to be feeding me." She chuckled as she watched Tara eagerly.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Tara nods "I grew up on a ranch, there was always work to do but makin' food an coffee was always a part of that from when I was a youngster."

She demonstrates how to take the coffee engine apart. fill it with water, level off the coffee and then screw it firmly back together before putting it on the heat.

"What do you want to learn? Are you wanting to start with stuff you can make as a snack if you need to eat when things are busy? Or to make one or two pretty things for treating a sweetheart?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:00 pm

"I am to be having no sweetheart to treat." She smirked but there was a little sadness there, "I am thinking, for the good quick food for when I am to be busy?" She suggested, she had watched her demonstrate the coffee and was quite certain she could master that one.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:43 am

Tara very carefully doesn't smile at the reply and hands the young medic a cup of coffee so strong it almost looks like tar.

"In that case I can teach you how to make a few things with stuff like protein powder and things that taste pretty good and can feed you or other folks pretty fast. Let's sit down, drink coffee and i'll run you through what's what and where it gets stored." She smiles rather humourlessly "We'd best go through the medical supplies again soon as well...just in case they're needed."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Return to Jade Fawn