Life goes on

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Life goes on

Boxing day evening

There comes a point after combat, when the wounded are all dealt with and the enemy is no longer there, when those still alive can draw a breath and finally try to flush the adrenaline out of their system. Where there is a moment of near perfect clarity, as if God even, was pausing to think.

Tara sat on her bed in the corner of the engine room and drew several careful breaths. The cracked ribs made themselves know each time but she’d long since gotten used to that old injury playing up so she ignored it as best she could. She’d been lucky, a lot of folk had broken bones and would be out of commission for a good while, Henry had gotten off with no more than a huge bruise and a headache and the rest of the crew had been fixed up courtesy of Tobias… they’d all gotten off lightly in many ways due to him and somehow that did not really help her relax.

She thought in passing that she really needed to speak to Chai next time she visited the Rose but that brought with it a painful reminder that for all she knew, there might be no reason to visit if Caine….she clamped down firmly on that thought and reminded herself that he was one of the most dangerous people she’d ever met, even with a broken arm, he should be able to look after himself.

She looked over at Henry snoring gently in the hammock and smiled, sleep was not likely to come as easily for her so she took the time to go through her medical kit, a process that allowed her mind to drift towards other concerns like the safety of the poor lad who’d been snatched and what it was that was vaguely familiar about their newly hired pilot. That was one who bore watching, the tells were subtle but that one had a lot she was hiding.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: Life goes on

*Condensed from an overly long and rambling FB conversation with Jon post event...

The next day

Beep...Beep….Beep… the sound of the incoming wave echoes in the engine room.

Tara had been trying to steer clear of the crew, not wanting to lose her temper with folks or have to answer questions but it takes her longer than usual to answer the call.

Caine looks pale and red rimmed eyes... "You there hon?"

It’s harder to tell in the low lighting, but she seems as tired and pale as he is but he can see nothing but relief in her expression and she lets out a long sigh at seeing him alive. As soon as she draws breath to speak she winces and the usual reserved look is almost back.

"I'm here."

He looks at her... "Ok I've just spent a not relaxing time running from psycho special forces with a CO who knows me and an army of feds that I had to cut my way through to get home.... plus I'm now planning a rescue operation for a man who shouldn't have been snatched... even I can see you’re in pain... oh also I've been unconscious for most of the past day....So no bullshit honey pudding..." He gives her a weak smile to soften the words.

If she'd not spent the last few days working her ass off and the last 24 hours more worried than she'd admit to anyone, she might have pulled off a plausible denial...but frankly, she’s too tired to divert him and too worried to lie.
"You remember me saying I got a building land one me back on the war?"

When he nods she gives a half smile "Well I ended up hitting assorted furniture with a few of the bits that got busted back then when the island crashed."

Caine looks at her "Shit, have you at least seen Zar and got checked out..." He pauses... "gorram woman...don't make me wave her myself... seriously how do you expect me to keep my shit wired if you don't."

She actually looks surprised for a moment at the dressing down but gives a wry smile. "I've taped the ribs up for all the good it does and the rest is mostly just bruising." Her laugh is careful and a little bitter "The assorted plates and screws are tougher than the rest of me, don't worry and don't go pestering Zar, she's got enough on her mind."

He nods "Good... now I'm gonna pass out for a bit after checking on Sophia. Poor kid was shook up, I was a state when I got back..." He looks at her... "Take it easy and rest up ok?"

"Oh no you don't... You can damn well tell me what happened and how come you look like you can barely stand” The fire is there again at least “You don't get to lecture me and then ring off without me knowing you're ok"

He looked at her... "I got the call to haul arse to help... I ran into 424 a very large platoon of them... they set the feds hunting me whilst they tried to cut me off and box me in... I had to put a lot of feds in the ground to do it...I was on the run for over an hour without a break and a single mag and one knife... all I could think of was getting back here for Sophia... Zar and the others...no one was stopping me."

She knows him well enough to see there is a great deal he’s not saying "How bad are you hurt?" She's a doctor, first and foremost....

He shakes his head "Doc’s checked me over, a few dinks on the bad arm cuts and scratches is all."

The list of injuries doesn't really tally with how drawn he looks "Do you need me to come over?"

"Don't you dare... I'm just exhausted I promise."

Again one of those long penetrating looks but she's too tired herself to argue much.

She nods "If you say so. I figure we both need some rest before starting to turn over every rock in the verse to find Lloyd..." She seems about to say more but then sighs. "Sleep well Jon...And thanks for calling..."

"No worries... we'll get him back I promise..."

She blinks "Don't go making promises you don't know if you can keep....please..." another slightly ragged breath "Now go rest and I'll do the same."

He nods "night kiddo..."

That at least provokes the hint of a genuine smile. After he ends the call she heads over to her cot and after downing a couple of pills she tries to get comfortable, but sleep is elusive and her dreams are restless and best not shared.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Henry had been reasonable quiet the days since getting off planet

Firstly He'd lost his old service issued side arm during the evac, that pistol had been with him since he'd signed up with the Independence army and had served him well for years and gotten him out of a couple of tight spots back in the days before the Fawn

Secondly and possibly more shocking was that Lloyd had been taken whilst he was down in the cellar getting some bits that Tara had asked to be brought up before they left. He was a Fellow Crew member, a friend and most important of all a Fellow Browncoat, he deserved his efforts based purely on that last fact alone, but how to help, well it just came down to calling everyone he'd served with to see if they had or could get the info he needed and if that failed who knows

He started Composing the message

"Calling all Browncoats, Calling all Browncoats

I'm looking for any Info you guys have on the location of these men

First off a fellow browncoat named Lloyd Harkin <<Picture Inserted>>. He's a fellow crew member who's was recently abducted during a commando raid

Secondly This Man <<Picture Inserted>>. He claimed to be a Doctor and any info on him like a name or location would be most appreciated

Please spread this as far as you can guys I need to find My friend and your my only hope

Sender

Lance Bombardier Henry Carter (ret.)

After sending the message another thought floated into his mind and he went in search of Lily

Character name: Lily Rosen

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Lily will likely be in her quarters, probably tinkering with something in regards to her gear.

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Henry spends starts look for Lily in the Kitchen and decides whilst there that if he's gona be asking a favour then he better show up bearing a gift so make a Pot of Tea

he heads to her Room and once there Knocks on the Door

"Hey Lily you free to talk? I need to ask a favour of ya"

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:49 pm

There is a rustling noise for a moment and then the door opens, "Yeah I am here. Um, what can I do for you?"

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm

"OK I'm not sure if anyone's told you what happened down planet side at Christmas but just in case they haven't our friendly Sniper form the Dubh's been abducted"

"It was a professional job executed by an Alliance Black Ops unit coded 424"

"Frankly I'm not interested in revenge YET, I only wan find Lloyd. I'm not sure what you can do with the Cortex down but anything you can do would be really appreciated and I'll owe you a big favour in return no questions asked"

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Her eyes widen and she nods, "Wow? Um, of course. I am not sure what's working right now, but I will see what I can find. Give me whatever you can on him, that might help me to trace him."

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:28 pm

"I'll see what extra I can get you but all I got now is his full name and an I pic, and of course I somehow doubt there are many people walking around with a high end military prophetic who use to be in the Independence Army"

Henry headed back to engineering and had a thought about who might have more info on Lloyd and the answers that came to mind where Caine and Tara time for to go find Tara but before that a ship to ship message for Caine

<<To: Caine>>
<<From: H. Carter>>
Hey Caine right a question don't suppose you guys over there have more info on Lloyd other than a Name and a Pic do ya, I've started call around some old friends and other avenues of interest and the more info I start with the easier its gona be to filter out any BS
<<Message Ends>>

With that Done Henry went on the hunt for Tara

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

<<To. Carter.H.>>
<<From. Caine. J.>>

Henry.. just got out of infirmary I'll kick folks into gear over here... we are bringing our boy home, don't matter a man fashion sense old or current he's a member of my family and the 424 have crossed the line... best idea set up a cortexer conference ship to ship so we can know where we all stand.

Caine.

stay safe..

<<message ends>>
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John
Next

Return to Jade Fawn