Angels & Demons all

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Angels & Demons all

Caine looked at Henry then at his watch realising the time. "shit..." he taps the note book then nods.

"Fair... we'll talk later."

He turns then looks at Henry... "I tried to save them...all of them, just know that ok."

He walks off down the corridor to the mess hall.
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 pm

With a small act of will Henry closed the bulkhead door instead of slamming it shut

He turned to see Tara holding her med bag as if expecting something bad would have happened

He at least noticed that he'd left the side arm on the table and not picked it up when he'd answered the door, if he had he'd have taken the shot at Caine, in the back or not

He was enormously conflicted about Caine at that moment on the one hand this was a guy who'd saved his ass on more than 1 occasion, on the other despite what he'd said he'd been an alliance solider on Shadow during its dying days

"Tara you better take this, before I do something monumentally stupid with it" Henry hands over his Side arm to her and then decides that he's gona need something

"You got an aspirin in that Kit I think I'm gona need some before the mornin'"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:13 pm

As she drops the bag on the bed beside her,he sees her other hand, half concealed behind the cabinet, is holding her shotgun. It slides quickly back into the space between the bed and the wall and the look on her face could mean she’d have backed him up or that that she’d have filled his ass with birdshot.

As she takes the offered gun and clears it she drops the ammo onto the bed before tucking the weapon into her bag. After a few seconds looking, her hand comes out with a bottle of pills and a larger jar of some kind of off white powder.

She squeezes his shoulder “You and me both.” She goes over and fills a couple of tin mugs with water and pours some of the powder into each.

Coming back to where he’s stood she passes him a cup of something that fizzes slightly and a couple of pills “This’ll hit the spot and beats having to hook us up to a saline drip in the morning.” She downs the drink and painkillers with a shudder.

After a short silence while he does the same she leans against the workbench.

“If it helps any, his own people screwed him over pretty thoroughly because he tried to stop it.” She grimaced “Not that I’m right calm about his past mind. He might not have agreed with what they did, but his hands ain’t exactly clean either.” She sighed “But there again, there’s a fair few who’d say my service left a fair bit of red in my ledger.”

She sweeps the ammo off the blankets into her hat and they just sit in companionable silence for a while. Too tired to talk much but too much adrenaline from the last few hours and the sudden wake up call to sleep just yet either.

Finally, Tara yawns and looks at the clock. “Come on, let’s hit the sack, if we’re lucky we can get another three hours kip before we need to be up." she winks and there is a hint of her usual humour "I reckon it’ll be a nice quick breakfast I’m plannin’ for the morning.”
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Bzzzzz Bzzzzz Bzzzzz

The alarm tucked under her pillow got a rare chance to actually wake Tara and as she rolled over and chased it for a few seconds she swore under her breath in Chinese.

Once the damn thing was silent she lay back for a second and gave serious consideration to going back to sleep but her sense of duty and more her desire not to have too many questions asked by the rest of the crew was enough to get her out of bed. The drink and painkillers in the early hours meant she wasn’t so much hung over as just dog tired but it was enough to have her aching all over as she got dressed a lot more slowly than usual. She started to reach for the clips to drop her cot but then shook her head in the near darkness. There was at least a hope she could get a nap later to get her through the day.

Judging by the sounds of it, Henry’d not been woken my her alarm so she slipped out and made her way slowly through the ship to the kitchen.
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Caine is sat in the kitchen a large pot of freshly made strong coffee sat on the hob and a steaming mug in his hands, a pile of notebooks in front of him. He looks up at Tara.

"Good morning... sorry for waking you up..."

He slides a mug of coffee and a notebook across to her...

"That's for you..."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

She picks up the coffee on the way past and nods her thanks but carries on into the galley. It only takes her a couple of minutes to put porridge on and then she refills her coffee and comes back to the table where she sits down.

"I'm thinking I might have given you a bit too much of the stimulant that brought you outta the sedation. You look a damn sight better than I feel."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 pm

He nods "nothing compared to the shit they used to shoot me full of...I started remembering more last night... images, names, places..."

He tapped the note books...

"All here... just in case....I wanted to save that world I tried to save it..."

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:59 pm

She made no move to pick up the notebook but stared into the darkness of her cup for a long time before saying just two words

"My World..."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:00 pm

He looks at her.... "your world.... "

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:05 pm

"Yes, my World. The planet I was born, the place I grew up, fell in love for the first time, had my heart broken for the first time...the place I trained as a Doctor and the world where my parents and grandparents..." Her voice was getting thick and she swallowed "The place where my parents and grandparents and just about everyone I knew died."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn