Angels & Demons all

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 am

Re: Angels & Demons all

In the room Caine is sat with the lights off he reaches but his pack and pulls out a battered and dented hip flask a faded symbol on it he drains the firey liquid in two deep gulps.

He looks at the flask and throws it back in his carry bag then drawing his side arm from its holster he carefully lays out a cloth and cleaning supplies from his gear and strips his revolver down with practiced fingers goes through cleaning and oiling it.

He sits quietly in the dark replaying every memory over and over saving details, faces, names.

He pulls out a note book and starts writing eventually turning on a light to see the pages, name, dates, places, objectives, officers in charge.... everything nothing could be forgotten....
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:10 am

Tara doesn’t look up when Henry enters the room. He’s about the only person who’d be coming in there at this time of day and she’s not sure she wants to have to deal with him or anyone else but he’s there and a glass of something golden and fiery is placed in her hand.

“Want to talk? No, not so much.” She takes a sip of the scotch and smiles as she feels its warmth spread out through the tightness in her chest “Need to talk about it, well, that’s another thing entirely.”

She’s looking at the liquid in the glass, watching the light scatter and flow over its surface for several seconds before she takes another mouthful. The liquid betrays how much her hands are shaking and the unshaded lights do her few favours. Scant sleep the night before and the stresses of the day have left her looking pale and her eyes are dark shadows.

Another sip of alcohol and she again savoured the warmth chasing the chill of her own memories a little farther away.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 am

They sat in silence for a few minutes as she worked her way down the glass. When she’s savoured the last drop, she sighed and put the glass down carefully. She scrubbed her face and then held her hand out to see that the shakes were fading.

She looked at Henry and smiled “Thanks, I needed to steady my nerves after the last few hours.”

She hesitated but nodded more to herself than to him. “You asked if there was anything you should know about Caine.” She almost laughed “Right now, I almost feel sorry for the Alliance.”

“I’ve has some training in helping people, soldiers, who’re struggling to cope with the things they’ve seen or done. Some of that is how to recover memories so they can be processed anew…laying ghosts to rest so to speak.” She coughed “I’ve been some..interestin’…places, you know I’ve seen things that I’d rather not have but I just got to walk him through places I’d never want to wish on anyone.”

Another pause “An’s some of those places…he was on Shadow” Her voice was tight and she swallowed again but couldn’t stop the tears that stood in her eyes “He was on Shadow when they came and….” She broke off speaking and just rubbed the heels of her hands into her stinging eyes.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Caine is sat in the room allocated to him staring at the notebook in front of him...
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:19 pm

When she took her hands away she looked at him and the tears were still there but she seemed more herself.

“Sorry. It’s just…it’s different knowing what happened from the coverage on the cortex is one thing…but. But hearing it from someone who was there, who saw it all, who could have stopped it if things had been different. Someone who tried….” She dug fingernails into her palms hard enough to bruise “Well, I guess I’ve got a few ghosts of my own to deal with.”
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Shadow

The one of the Hearts of the Independence cause, He'd seen it once, or at least had seen it whilst his unit was using it as a stop off point whilst in transit a lovely world of farms and good decent people.

Then the Alliance had decided that killing the place would be a massive blow to the cause, and that it had been taking the heart out of the fight for many of his friends and giving those who he'd know came from there some pretty big Martyr complexes

On the news that Caine had been there Henry starts making his way towards the one Locker that Tara hadn't seen into and started unlocking it, once open he starts rummaging for it and finds his old service issue side arm, taking it out he puts it on the table and start to disassemble and clean it all the while reciting a list of names

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 pm

The names were quiet reminders, not necessarily those of friends, but the population of Shadow had never been large, the family names were familiar. With many of them, a face or a half remembered conversation would be triggered and Tara let those memories wash over her. Better to remember her home as it had been than what came later.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

For anyone not presently staring into some personal version of hell...

If they drift towards the kitchen they will see that the delicious smells are coming from a crock pot of something rich and savoury that is sat on a warmer in the middle of the big scrubbed table. A hand written note tucked under the ladle simply says ‘Tuck in’ and covered by a cloth, a basket of warm bread rolls sit next to the bowls and cutlery.

Yes, Tara put dinner on before all this started ;)
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 am

After a few hours Caine emerged from the room a notebook in his hand his thigh pockets of his trousers bulging with other ones, after discovering that Taras room is empty as was the kitchen Caine made for engineering and hammered on the locked door.

He seems different, focused and resolved.

- Mason, John

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 pm

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

As Henry awoke with the starts of a hangover from the Scotch, Tara appears to be in about the same state as him

looking over to the table he see's that the bottles empty

"Damm that was the last of my good stuff"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

"ALRIGHT I'M COMMING, I'M COMMING, Who is it anyway"

Opening the Bulkhead door Henry See's that its Caine

"Mate before I do something I'll probably regret I suggest that you kindly go away, She told me you where there and I lost some good friends on that planet so whilst I reconcile that info with the man you proven yourself to be around me just steer clear of me"
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn