Angels & Demons all

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Angels & Demons all

As she walks down the stairs, Tara can hear the quiet murmur of voices from where Caine and Carter are once more discussing their plan to arm the ship or possibly they’ve now progressed to some other ideas about how to make life interesting for anyone threatening their crews. She smiles sadly to herself, it’s looking like none of them have found the type of peace they all needed.

She doesn’t disturb them for now but heads quietly to the farthest of the companion suites. It is also the smallest and her favourite, the walls are painted a warm cream and the drapes and fabrics are a rich palette of reds and golds. She nods to herself, it’s a long way from a psychologist’s office but that is not a bad thing under the circumstances.
She rearranges the chairs and folds back the richly quilted coverlet before hesitating before the ornately framed mirror and studying her own reflection for an uncomfortable moment. She shrugs to herself and shakes her head ‘Best get on with this Tara, leaving this ain’t gonna make it any easier for you or him.’ Lastly she goes to the small panel by the bed and sets quiet music playing in the dimly lit room.
Last edited by tarvae on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: Angels & Demons all

The two engineers were still chatting amiably over the artillery plans when she came through the door. “Caine? You good to come chat for a while?” The words are neutral, bland even, for all they convey a great deal.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 pm

"Go ahead mate, I'll finish up writing the req forms for the Boss though I somehow don't think he's gona like the price tag this things gona come with"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 pm

**Collaboration between me and Jon to make sure things make some kind of sense**

When they get to the room, she waves him to the bed.

She's fiddling with her bag but looks back over her shoulder “Get comfortable, this might take a while so take your boots off. I could do with access to your wrists and chest for some of the sensors as well.”

When she turns round, he was just getting settled, a few seconds work and a number of small jell covered tabs were attached to him and a thin transparent band was wrapped closely round each wrist. “They’re just sensors” she gestured to the small screen propped nearby “it’ll let me keep an eye on your responses.” She leant forward and nestled another two sensors onto his temples.

“Now, I know it’s hard but I need you to relax.” She tapped a control and the music changed to something slower and the lights dropped even farther. Next she took hold of his hand and rubbed something cool on the back. “I’m going to put a line in ok? It means I can be a lot more controlled with the drugs.” He was looking straight into her eyes and nodded but didn’t speak.

There was a slight scratch and a few seconds later he looked down to see a short tube disappearing under the small piece of tape.

“Now, first of all, I’m going to give you something to make you a little more relaxed ok. It’s just a small dose of sedative, no more than a couple of fingers of whisky I promise.”

The syringe was already prepared and he felt the coolness run up his arm for a moment. Then, slowly, he felt the drugs taking effect. He felt the tenseness in his shoulders and neck ease and then his breathing became slightly slower and deeper and instinctively fought it but he felt the slight pressure as another dose slid in.

“Shh, don’t try to fight it, I’m not going to hurt you. Just help you find out what happened that’s hurting you all these years later.” Now, the drugs were working and he found himself listening to her and feeling warm and detached.

She looked at the screen and smiled “That’s it, now I want you to concentrate on your breathing for a little while, in…out….in….out…” This time he didn’t seem to notice as she changed syringes and added the third drug. If he had, he might have recognised it as one favoured by certain types of interrogator for its ability to break down a subjects resistance better than any amount of physical persuasion.

“Good, that’s it, keep breathing in…and out” Lastly a dose of something else that made her twitch a smile. It was a drug often used recreationally but in higher doses it could open up the mind in all sorts of ways.

Slowly his eyes half closed and anyone watching might have thought he was drifting off to sleep but the steady readouts told her he was still aware.

“Now, Jon, I need you to tell me about the dream, the one where you can’t save your wife?”

His brow furrows and his voice is a little thick but he responds. “It’s New Saigon…Browncoats are ok, we’d been sharing drinks but then the dust devils came in and it was all fire and...and pain...and death…and I couldn’t even carry her, my back hurts so much an, an my arm won’t work...why won’t my arm work? Why can’t I help her…Burton...no…help her damn you, help her, I don’t matter.” He’s sobbing now and the sensors show his heart rate is climbing so Tara adds another dose of something to bring him down to a more controlled state.

“It’s ok Jon, it was a long time ago, think about something else, think about your other dreams, can you tell me about the other dreams that hurt? The one you started having after you came off the pain killers?”

He shook his head “Silly dream, don’t even make sense, if I’d been there I’d of remembered it. Stopped it.”

She carried on in the same vein, asking questions and exploring his answers. Occasionally making notes and adjusting the drugs. Sometimes she’d leave the subject and go on to another before circling back and every time, she got more detail, more clarity.

“It was ‘sposed to be an easy enough job, go to Shadow, find out where the training camps and weapons depots were so we could take them out. How many ships, how many people….didn’t go right from the start, drop went wrong and I was in the middle of nowhere, was lucky I was dressed like a local, a rancher found me and put me up for the night before giving me a lift into town. Wasn’t no sign of war there, just a lot of old folk and kids and the odd one who was clearly recovering from getting hurt. No military targets, nothing but folk who looked hungry and scared for their loved ones.”

She leant closer “What did you do then?”

“Did my job, reported back, waited for them to extract me. There wasn’t no great threat, all the ones who’d had a mind to fight had already gone and joined up.”

“and?” The single word was barely audible

“And they turned up with two whole Fleet of ships and didn’t even bother landing, they just dropped bombs and fire…folk were dying and I was there watching it and screaming on the radio to ask what they were doing.” Even with the drugs, his breath was fast and his voice ragged “after two days Regan turned up in a shuttle and came and pulled me away from the pile of rubble that had been a school. I was in a pretty bad way, bleeding, hurting, angry…and…and when we got back to the carrier I….”

He stops for a moment, the only sound his own ragged breathing “I went straight to the Admiral and accused him of War Crimes…Pulled my gun on him and threatened to shoot him there and then if he didn’t stop what was going on….he said they deserved it, said they needed to be put down like a rabid dog, said it would teach the Browncoats a LESSON.” Again he seemed to be looking deep inside “I can remember a kinda cold feeling on the back of my neck and the next thing, I was waking up in an infirmary and Regan and Locke were there saying…..Saying I’d been caught in an explosion….”

Finally, Tara added a different drug, one that would neutralise some of the others while allowing him to become more aware in a controlled manner. She carried on talking to him, getting him to recount details, telling him he’d remember it now, telling him he was going to be ok. All the time, she was ignoring her own shaking hands and hammering heart. Ignoring the lump of pain in her throat and the bile that made her want to spew and she carried on bringing him round. Carefully, gently, professionally.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Caine slowly came around shaking his head, he was pale and looked ready to vomit, his eyes red from remembering everything, every face, every last breath that touched his skin every man and woman that had pleaded with him for their lives....

As the two men merged into one he snatched a bowl from the side and vomitted hard once, putting it back he grabbed some water and gulped it down, his hands shaking, his eyes cold and dead as he looked about him, like a snakes they shifted back to his normal warm eyes.

He stretched by reflex loudly several clicks and crunches came from him. He looked down at his shaking hands and they stopped. His breathing became calm and slow almost impossible to hear as he stood up he moved like wolf every step careful and precise.

His whole baring was more lethal, when he spoke his voice was like ice at first then slowly the warmth returned.

"Everything.... I remember everything now not just New Saigon and Shadow, every single mission, every drop of blood spilt."

He walks towards Tara his arms to his side's....

"The men and women I've killed every face, every moment of death unlocked and every single piece of alliance information they would never want release, every massacre, every assassination.... EVERY FUCKING MOMENT I WAS THEIR KILLER."

He is shaking again tears now pouring from him as the memories flood back all the information is tallied.

"Was this what you wanted?"

He pointed to the high tech alliance gear...

"Just who are you Tara and did you know about all this back on Higgins Moon was this your objective all the time?"

Confusion and anger is boiling from him.
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:32 pm

She remains seated. Her eyes follow him but there is no attempt to hold his gaze.

When he gestured at the medical kit she chuckles quietly and shakes her head. “Oh Caine. you poor, poor man. The sensor kit was a gift, from the same man who arranged for me to get the training to do the sort of thing you just experienced.”

This time there are tears standing in her eyes “There is no way to be selective doing this kind of thing, I’m sorry. The raw edges will fade in time, the...immediacy…will pass. But the memories will remain because they are a part of you.” Now, finally she made eye contact and for a second he saw steel as tempered as his own in that gaze “Those memories, those years of being someone else’s hunting dog, they’re why you hurt, they’re why you’ve had a death wish for who knows how long.”

She stood up slowly and painfully, sitting for so many hours had left her stiff and sore “Did I know this in Higgins?” She shook her head “No, but I saw someone who was damaged, who needed help, who could be a lot more than he was if only he wasn’t hurtin’ so bad he could barely breathe and I saw someone who I wouldn’t share a ship with because he was so unstable there was a risk he’d lose his shit and take people with him.”

She took a step away from the bed and winced “I’m none too sure that’s changed for now. I guess I’ll find out soon enough.”
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:47 pm

He looked at her "it won't.... I can guarantee it for several reasons, these people are my family now, I'm a killer not a psychopath but mostly I have a reason now... everything I did I am going to rain back on the alliance with fire... I will burn the core to fucking ashes."

He looks at her no anger in his eyes only those snake eyes and a voice full of resolve....

"We need to do this to Regan and Locke they might have more answers..."

He looks at his hands, hands soaked in an endless pool of blood....

Then he looks to her.

"Thank you Tara..."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 pm

She lets out a long slow breath and the professional mask is, mostly, back in place.

“It might be a good idea if you and I have a chance for you to talk occasional every few days for a while, just to help you get things integrated as it were and so you’ve got a chance to talk about some of this if you need to.” She licks her lips “As to Regan and Locke, well, that’s their choice. Might be they don’t need it, might be they won’t want to go walking back through hell.” She swallows “ But not…not for a few days.”
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:28 pm

He nods "that's a good plan.."

He looks at her pale skin and barely controlled shaking..

"Sorry this has been hard on you, perhaps we should have left the dead stay that way... "

He gets up and heads to the door grabbing his boots he looks at her for a moment his hand on the door handle..

"I never wanted any of what I did... I was a soldier an explosives expert, I never signed up to be an assassin and have bits of me changed and my mind fucked with... please just remember that..."

He opens the door and heads to the bunk room, he calls out to Henry "Carter best go see the doc bring coffee...."

He walks into his room and shuts the door.

- Mason, John

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Upon hearing Caine Shout out Henry put down the Pen pocketed the Req forms and headed for the Room Tara had set up in via the galley to get a large pot of Coffee for the lady

When he finally got there he fond she'd left it so went searching for her, checking first the Med Bay he eventually found her in the Engineering bay with one of his rather cheap bottles of booze in hand

Putting the Coffee down

"Looks like you could use something stronger than Coffee, put that crap on the table and give me a sec to find something better"

He goes rummaging through one of the storage lockers and finds a half drunk bottle of Fine Scotch and some fine clean glasses

"Now this on the other hand is something to saviour"

Pouring a generous glass for Tara and a small one for himself he shuts and locks the door before taking a seat

"Now do you wana talk about it or just drink you troubles away for now"
Next

Return to Jade Fawn