Timing is everything...

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:08 am

Timing is everything...

Tobias put the call through to the engine room just as Tara was putting up her folding cot and it was only by luck that she got to the small screen with all her fingers intact. She had a passing thought that her boss really needed to get some damn sleep occasionally before thumbing the switch to receive the external signal.

"What's up Caine? You not managed to blow that poor Firefly outta the sky yet?" It was, though, said with some fair degree of kindness.
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Character name: Jon Caine

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Timing is everything...

The image flickers and Caine appears looking like hammered shit he is calling from the engine room and looks shattered. He gives her a weary smile at the comment...

"Nope she's purring like a kitten, any chance you could come over on a shuttle I could do with a chat about ship stores and few other bits would prefer face to face if that's ok with you..."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 am

She only stops to think for a second "I can't really get free right now, Carter and I are pretty busy with some" A brief pause "remodelling But an extra pair of hands would come in handy and so would the company. I'll see if I can get Amaya to come pick you up in the morning."

A few hours later the enigmatic Companion does indeed pick Caine up and bring him back to the Huntress just after breakfast. She directs him to the stairs leading down from the crew quarters and suggests he'll find Tara and Henry Carter down in the hold.
Last edited by tarvae on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 am

Caine is wearing his black jumpsuit that has a few obvious old bullet holes sewn up he looks ragged but more alert than he was a cigarette is stuck between his lips and large dented flask in his hand he looks about and nods

"morning all, dad always said never call in without a gift... fresh real coffee strong and hot... any takers...."
Your best... losers always whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 am

She eyes him up and down and he might get the odd feeling that he may as well have been stood there in a full body scanner. His eyes are a bit too bright and there is something about him that suggests a pressing need to do Something.

She quirks a smile at the flask. "I'll take you up on that but we'd best get Carter here some tea or else he'll be struggling..it's been at least thirty minutes since his last cup."
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:44 am

Caine smiles and nods "unfortunately I'm runnin low on good tea, I need to acquire me some more soon man cannot live on coffee alone... but it does help."

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:54 am

The mechanic is so engrossed in the plans in front of him that she barely gets a nod so just grins at him before snagging his empty mug along with her own and nodding back towards the stairs to Cain.

Up in the kitchen she drops her bag onto the hook at the end and opens a nice big silence as she watches Caine pour the coffee. She's not missed the small sections of his clothing that are a little less faded as if some kind of patches have recently been removed.
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 am

He passes her a mug of steaming hot coffee it looks as black as night and smells rich and strong. He takes a sip of his own mug and sighs... letting the silence hold for a while then he looks across to her...

"let's be honest with each other, your more than just a simple doctor... You look at people and read them like a professional... I don't mean to be insulting or anything just wanting to start on an even keel as they say... I know I'm no Angel but I ain't a bad man either."

- Mason, John

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:12 am

She takes a slow swig of the coffee and savours it. It's good stuff, maybe some of the best she's had since she started cutting the last of the loot from Higgins Moon with the cheaper stuff.

"I don't believe in Angels Caine." She points towards the back of the ship. "We've got a nice little spot through there with a pair of blast doors between the engine room and the rest of the ship." She passes him her own cup "Go take a seat and I'll pop down and give Henry his latest bucket of brew."

She picks up the medical bag without breaking stride and goes down the stairs in surprisingly silent feet.

Following her directions he finds a pleasant little room with a couple of comfy chairs in the gap between the blast doors and the actual engine room.
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Public Relations
Public Relations

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 am

He sits down with a sigh and takes a slow sip of his coffee staring at the ceiling he lets out a small breath and waits.

- Mason, John
Next

Return to Jade Fawn