First day out of Hera

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:30 am

Re: First day out of Hera

Carter shuffles through the papers looking for a very specific one (If you want Lily will notice one of the sheets with designs to what appear to be a Cannon Shell)

"Here it is so the Breach section will be 1m long x 2' wide and high inc barrel and mag attachment parts and then the Mags will be just under 2' wide and about 5-6' high depended on how many rounds we want at a time and about 2 1/2 - 3' long"

"As for Hiding the pipe I was thinking of just strapping em to the wall and basically making em look like landing strut spares"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Tara's eyes went a bit vague for a moment as if she was looking at some other part of the ship "Like the idea of hiding the 'pipes' in plan sight." She went and refilled her coffee and his tea

"You think you can fit the other parts in behind the false wall in the mule bay/companion's area?"

"We'd still have the narrow space behind the mule parking spot and those recesses between the airtight doors for ammo storage that way and it'd all be in the same general area?" She was rather more used to finding hiding places that were already there, so it was a lot easier for her to look at the ship and see where space could be created.

"Mind you, don't we still need to sort space for those fifty cal's as well?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Character name: Lily Rosen

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Lily's eyes go a little wide when she sees the plan, but she sits quietly and keeps on eating.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Tara's eyes and attention finally drift away from the plans and she spots the nervous looking youngster who's sat at the table.

"Sorry we're letting our manners slip and talking shop. I should have introduced myself a bit better now you're on board. I'm Tara O'Neil, ships cook and one of the two Doctors on board and this is Henry Carter the man who keeps us flyin'."

Tara looks properly at the young woman for the first time and sees the fancy core world clothes and the posture of someone who's clearly scared of something

"So what brings you out this far in the Black?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Henry also noticed the wide eyes on the young lady and took a wild guess at what it was about

"If your worried about these" Henry says gesturing to the plans "then don't be first off I've got plenty of experience with things of this size and secondly the Captains gotta sign off on it before I even start"

"And as Tara Said what brings you out into the big black"

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Lily smiles a little shyly at Tara, "It's, um, well it's a long story and sort of personal."

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 pm

The long and clearly significant look that passed between Tara and the mechanic may puzzle Lily....

"Well lass, I can't say there's many of us who don't have secrets on this boat but you might find that it's not such a bad thing to share some of the things you think are needing to be kept to yourself."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Lily nods to Tara, "I know, and you may well be right. But, forgive me but I barely know anyone on this ship. It may take a bit more time before I am ready to talk about things."

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Tara nods "Just so long as none of those secrets are likely to turn up with guns and land any of my friends on the table in front of me bleeding' I can agree with you on that logic lass."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:04 pm

"I can't imagine that it would be likely to do so. I have no wish to bring trouble on anyone else."
PreviousNext

Return to Jade Fawn