First day out of Hera

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:07 pm

First day out of Hera

Even to those used to Tara's early start with breakfast, the sound of movement and low conversation in the kitchen could be considered to be a mite early but the smell of coffee drifts on the air and not long after other smells suggest there is food for those who want it and from the sound of it, the doctor and the engineer are feeling chatty.

*of course, anyone with a good sense of reading people might work out the conversation between them is mostly to mask something and to keep one or both of them from thinking too much.

But the table and counter are mostly no longer visible: either covered with food or pieces of paper bearing everything from indecipherable calculations to deckplans and sketches. The conversation will pause when anyone comes into view and one or two papers will be turned over or slipped under others...to make room for the newcomers to sit down and eat...
Last edited by tarvae on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Character name: Lily Rosen

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Re: First day out of Hera

Lily peeks around the doorway into the kitchen area, drawn by the smell of the cooking. She seems more than a little awkward and nervous and is dressed in black trousers and a black and gold waistcoat with a black silk shirt on underneath. All of her clothes are good quality and are probably made on one of the Core worlds. There is a gold chain around her neck, though whatever is on it is tucked into her shirt out of sight.

She smiles nervously when she sees those inside, "Hi, um, is that really bacon?"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Tara turns round from the tiny cooker and wipes her hands on a cloth tucked in her belt. She's wearing a dark check shirt and trousers that might have once been some sort of green or brown but are now simply some indeterminate shade. "Well, in a manner of speaking it is. It's pork that's been treated the same way as bacon would, but it's not quite the finest parts of the pig."

She turns back and picks up a pair of plates, one stacked with what surely looks and smells like bacon and the other with small brown pancakes that are still steaming. As she carries them over to the table it's noticeable that she's walking with a slight limp.

"Carter, you ok to grab the eggs and syrup?" she asks as she places the plates on the big scrubbed table and makes a second trip with what looks like fresh bread and a big jug of coffee.

Clean plates, along with cups and cutlery already sit on the end of the table although there is little space not covered in bits of paper or food.

"Have a seat lass."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Henry is in T-Shirt and work jeans and there's a grubby coverall jacket over the back of the chair he's sitting in with a tone of pens, pencils and other small assorted tools protruding from pockets

"Sure Tara"

Henry puts down the note pad he'd been working on (The page is full of calculations on what appear to be pressure and velocity) whilst getting the bits he turns to Lily

"So my dear got yourself sorted and settle?"

After putting them on the table he returns to the counter to sort himself a cup of tea

Post Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Lily nods slowly and starts heading in to grab a seat, her arms wrapped quite tightly across her chest.

"Thanks, that really does smell good." She says to Tara before looking over to Henry, "Urm, I think I am settled in OK, I didn't have a lot of stuff to move so that helped."

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 am

Tara waves a hand at the food "Help yourself to chow" she's got a cup of coffee in her other hand but seems a lot more interested in Henry's sketches than eating by the look of it.

She snags a pen and points to the plans that are spread between her and the mechanic. "I had a bit of a look round and I reckon we can put some storage here" she points to a section of the crew room "here" this time an area that looks like the cargo hold "and here." The last bit is probably part of the engine room.
Last edited by tarvae on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:08 am

"Brilliant that, that just mean's we've gotta figure out how to hide a 5.5m pipe and then a half meter box somewhere in the cargo hold without it looking like exactly what it is"

He points to the Calculations

"according to these I thing we can break the pipe in say 3 sections but every time we do it we are gona need to make the thickness of the pipe wall bigger to handle the pressure on the joint areas"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:56 am

"Well, unless you can think of a way to make some damn fancy pivoting walls and put it in one piece here in the 'entertaining' area the only option I can think of for now is the space here and here." She points at two narrow areas either side of the airlock at the back of the cargo hold. "It's one of the best spots for hiding stuff as it is and with a bit of work it might be set up so it only opens up with some kind of key?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Lily quietly takes a seat after helping herself to some of the baconlike substance and some pancakes. She tucks in slowly, listening to the conversation around her.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Tara taps the plan again with her finger "Those airlocks are near two and a half meters high, so if the pieces go in at an angle it'd maybe only need to be broken down into two pieces." She finally took a few bites of food as she looked into the distance "Damned if i can think of a way to hide the boxy part though. You wanna give me a better idea of what it'll look like?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Next

Return to Jade Fawn