Up bright and early

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Tara O'Neil

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Up bright and early

Even in space, a lifetime of rising with the dawn when she lived on a ranch means that Tara is already awake when the light of her alarm flashes. As she sits on the edge of the bed she looks over at the hammock in the corner of engineering and shakes her head. The steady snoring tells her that, as usual, she’s not woken the mechanic. It only takes seconds to roll her bedding and drop it into a storage trunk and even more swiftly her cot collapses and stands in the corner out of the way. Within five minutes she’s dressed and on her way to the galley.

Years of habit mean her medical bag is over her shoulder and she hangs it on a hook at the end of the counter without even looking as she set water on to boil for tea. She’s totally absorbed as she pulls out drawers and opens cupboards and gets out an assortment of ingredients. Some are unmistakable as standard ships protein packages; others are clearly part of her haul from Higgins storehouse. There is a smile on her face. She was not the only person who’d raided those storerooms but she’d gotten the best of it. Bags and drums of basic ingredients that she could use for months of decent food were stashed in assorted places thanks to Henry’s cooperation.

As she puts a chunk of ginger back in the cooler she reminds herself to check with Burton if it helped with his problem.

When people start to wake up, there are pancakes, syrup and something very much resembling scrambled eggs & bacon waiting in the galley….

*…Tara slept unusually well last night and is in the mood to give people a treat ;)
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
They're the folk who if you cut 'em I bleed
If you cause 'em pain
if you twist their strengths to hurt them more
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Up bright and early

Waking up in his usual slow fashion Henry was groggy slowly getting out o his hammock and pulling the rope to pull it up onto the sealing and then tying it off, he got his kit on in silence then reached into one of the storage holes for a bottle of water taking a swig he put it back and headed to the galley on his way he caught the smell of Bacon and started heading there quicker

"Morning Tara hope the snoring didn't disturb you"

As he sat down and grabbed himself a couple of rashers

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Tara is actually *whistling* as she finishes something at the counter.

No one who drank him shot for shot on engine room moonshine not long ago should be this cheerful.

She turned round with a grin and a mug in her hand "Coffee, tea or aspirin?"

Ship time and 'local' time hadn't been perfectly synced recently so they were awake well before the rest of the crew who'd been off ship for the last couple of days. She set the mug down and came back with tea pot, coffee jug and the promised hangover cure before filling her own plate and pouring a large slug of syrup into her coffee.
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Because you have set your will against mine and I know not the meaning of mercy for you

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

Not being effected that badly by last nights "Session" Henry cheerfully replied

"I could Murder a Cuppa"

He was a little perplexed that Tara was in such a good state after the Moonshine but then he'd know people in the war who could drink the less refined stuff and still be ready for a good old scarp 4 hours later.

"Wonder what the rest of em got up to out there, hopefully nothing to stupid or damaging"

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:18 pm

As she passed him a bucket sized mug of tea she winked "I guess the boss'll fill us in over breakfast and I've cooked enough to keep folk lingering a while and talkin'."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:48 am

"Now just double checking we did tidy up all the shot glasses from the engine room, and bridge deck didn't we?"

It had been good having some time away from the rest of the crew, they were an OK bunch but they hadn't been through the meat grinder of the war the same way Tara and he had. many of the drinks of last night had been raised in memory of some good friends and comrades

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 pm

"As sure as I can be. We headed back to the engine room before we got too far gone so I reckon we brought everything down from the bridge..but it was nice to sit there lookin' at the stars."

She refilled her coffee and cocked her head, there were sounds of life about the ship so they'd probably have company as soon as the smell of food and coffee drifted around a bit more.

"Thanks for last night Carter, it's been a long time since I got to remember the folk who didn't come home."
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Companion

Character name: Eva Nightingale

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Eva arose from her room she was dressed simply in her silk top, trousers with her hair pinned up in place with the ornate clip. She entered the galley a slight smell of perfume with her and a small yawn. "Good morning" she said cheerfully followed up by a smile. "Breakfast smells great" as she walked towards the counter and helped herself to some coffee and a plate of food. She sat down to eat before turning to the mechanic and cook. "Did you two have a nice time with the ship to yourselves?" she asked trying to make conversation as it was quite rare for herself to be in their company.
Member of the Companion Guild

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Tara responded to the companion's question with a smile "It was good to get some quiet time to catch up on chores and relax." She'd turned to give her full attention to her. "How did things go with the rest of you?"
Family
Crew
The word don't matter
If you cause 'em pain
Start running

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 pm

"As Tara said it was good to catch up on some of the chores that had I'd gotten behind on, other than that.......if you see any shot glasses lying around please let me know"

"And I'd also love to know what you peeps got up to, hopefully someone managed to keep Claymore from blowing up the planet"
Next

Return to Jade Fawn