Aftermath of Higgin's Moon

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Aftermath of Higgin's Moon

McNally smiled crookedly. 'As you say, Padre,' he remarked. He clicked on the intercom once more. 'All crew, all crew. You are kindly asked to assemble on the mess deck in one hour. The Preacher has an announcement.' He looked back at Lock and opened the hatch wide. 'By the way... Siren sends her best regards.'
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

Preacher

Character name: Shepherd Locke

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 pm

"I am sure she has no other kind." Lock smiled before he left.
"Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition"

Ship's Pilot

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 pm

McNally watched Lock go and shook his head slightly. 'Amen to that too,' he murmured under his breath, then turned back to the comms terminal. The line to the Circe was still active. 'Shouldn't keep a lady waitin', McNally,' he said softly, sitting down once more and composing an apt reply.
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:59 pm

The flux flow manifold had been an easy fix, but left Kid with little to do. Truth was that she'd managed to fix up the worst of the ships failings in the last seven months. She could run for weeks now with scarcely a murmur. It was good that the crew always found stuff for her to do when they were onworld. She was not good at being bored.
Drifting past the cargo bay, she heard the sounds of someone using the punchbag. Good, she could do with some more training. She was a bit surprised to see it was Burton of all people. She watched him in silence for a minute or two, then simply walked over and steadied the bag for him. Sometimes, you just really needed to beat the gos-se outta somthin'
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: William Burton

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

His knuckles hurt, but he didn't care as he laid into the bag again. His mind was light years away trying to work out what he should do next.
Contact the Alliance and see if they'd received everything okay, and maybe try and clear things up? Probably not a good idea.
Run, run like everyone else seemed to be doing? He didn't fancy that.
Get Chai to fix his record? Would be the easiest, maybe he could remove all record of this crap, but he didn't like that idea any more than the others.
He stopped for a breather and noticed Kid for the first time holding the bag.
"How's she running?" He asked, trying to sound cheerful, though it sounded false to him.
I hate flying!
This one's got no pulse. -Next!

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

'Sweet as you like, Doc. That vibration you didn't like is totally gone.' She shifted position with the bag 'Bend yer front leg more an' you'll get more power in the punches.' She squared up to the bag 'Do the thinkin' later, yer brain'll be clearer when it ain't so....fresh' She didn't know what was up, but whatever it was thumping it out was a good way to start.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Dr. Alisha 'Scrubs' Corbon

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Alisha glanced up when McNally’s voice came over the intercom, Who’s callin’ me? she thought absentmindedly, finishing the last item on the itinerary before making her way back through the ship towards her Quarters.
As McNally’s voice chimed through the intercom again, she pondered what Lock wanted to announce, a thought interrupted when she reached her room.

+++incoming wave: from Caine. J to Corben. A+++
“Doc, Doc Corben are you there? I understand if you don't want to talk to m, can't say I'd blame you.... I just wanted to say...”
The young doctor stared at the console for a moment. She considered ignoring the call, no one would blame her if she did. It took her a long time before she sat before the console and established the connection.

“I’m here.”

Recognition Dawned on Caines face, and his hand lowered from the monitor, it had looked like he was about to give up on the call before she had answered. Claymore ran his hands through his hair and let out a long slow breath.
"I know I'm probably the last person in the verse you want to see, hell even speak to, I...I just want...n..need you to know that I'm not all bad. I'm contacting someone who maybe able to help, she's in intelligence and...and."
She could see he was clearly struggling to express himself, his eyes looking straight at hers through the small distorted screen.

“I’m not a bad man Doc…”

Alisha closed her eyes. So that’s what this was about… She felt her palms tighten into fists on her lap. Her evening had been going so well. And what did he want, redemption, absolution, forgiveness? Could she do that?

The memory played back, Caine had said he was sorry... He knew it was her brother before she would even accept it, hours before she could accept it. The next morning she couldn't help herself, a left hook and then she had hauled him upright. He wasn't angry, he didn't try to defend himself, he just took the abuse, took the blame, let her stand there in tears, shouting at him, her fist pounding weakly against his chest.

But Alisha was a doctor, a healer. Could she just leave now? Could she stay angry, no one would blame her, it was HIS fault. The doctor opened her eyes and looked through the screen at Caine, they were filled with pain and sadness, tears shining in her green eyes, but none fell down her cheek. She was not that person. He needed this, she had the power to deny him, but not the will too.

"I don't think you're a bad man." Her voice was raw, barely obeying her when she spoke. He simpley nodded, but she could see the relief flood his features. "I appreciate that doc more than you could ever know, and I mean to make good on what I said, I may not be able to bring him back, but with help I can do my damnest to get your folks off world to safety Regan and I have done it before, if you don't believe me ask him simply tell him I said yes he'll know. It ain't much but it's a start."

"Thankyou." She bit her lip and watched him, she didn't even know if her folks were still alive. Surely they'd be fine. Her Dad was ex Alliance, that's got to count for something, well In Theory.

And even though she had given him what he needed to hear, she couldn’t just leave the conversation there. "I know it wasn't done in malice. But it happened. I gave you my trust on Locks word, and you did him a discredit. I don't think you are a bad man Caine. I think you were trying to protect my crew," Alisha's voice cracked and she paused letting herself have a moment to regain her composure, "I can't lay blame of you for that."

Caine nodded not able to say anything for several moments. "I know it means little, if I could have traded places, got in the way anything... I would have in an instant… Thank you for talking to me doc, it means more than you can know. For what it's worth if you ever need me for anything, I'm here and I'll let you know as soon as I have any news."

Alisha had merely nodded, “Goodnight Caine.” She waited a moment or two and terminated the wave. She unconsciously reached for the hipflask that was no longer there, instead glaring angrily at her locked bottom drawer.

“I need a drink.” She mumbled to herself, heading to the mess deck for coffee.
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Chai Neow

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Chai sat on his bunk, lost in his thoughts. Trying to make sense of them. Playing back the events of the weekend, trying to see where he went wrong, where the mistakes were. He couldn't fix them now, but he could learn from them.

He had no idea how long he'd been thinking for when the intercom crackled into life, "All crew, all crew. You are kindly asked to assemble on the mess deck in one hour. The Preacher has an announcement."

With barely a thought, Chai rose from his bunk and made for the door. He probably wouldn't admit it to himself but he could do with the company at the moment anyhow.

Slipping into the corridor he zipped up the beat up tac suit he wore as overalls and made his way to the mess deck.
Chai Neow

'State of the art security you say? Just give me a moment ...'

<click>

Ship's Pilot

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 am

McNally finally finished his reply, adding a brief supplementary as an afterthought, then checked his pocket-watch. It had only taken twenty minutes to find the right form of words. ‘Not bad for a boy who never did much book-learnin’,’ he muttered to himself. He checked the flight profile one last time. He headed out, through the mess deck and down to the cabins. Soc sat on his bed as he slid the door. ‘Ah, hungry, uh?’ Soc replied with a burbled purr, hopping down and nuzzling McNally’s calf. ‘Yep, we’re stayin’ put, you were right.’ He sat down and the ginger cat leapt onto his lap and settled down purring loudly. ‘This is home... and this is our family.’

Family

It felt strange and yet comforting. To be useful, to be wanted... to be needed... for more than just intimidation and muscle. To actually make a difference to people... and to care for them. He regarded the ginger face staring up at him. ‘Things’re changing, cat, we’ve got Kid and Alisha to look out for and the others’ll need my pilotin’ as well as my shootin’. Need a few last pointers from Hopscotch an’ I reckon I’ll be able to hit the side of a barn with a rifle.’ Soc squirmed and jumped down, padding to the half-empty bowl. ‘All right, you’ve done you’re congratulatin’ so now you’re wantin’ chow.’ He reached into one of the small cupboards beside the bed and took out a container of dry food, dishing out a generous heap which Soc set upon ravenously. McNally then refreshed the water in the water-bowl before sliding the silver case from beneath his bunk. He popped the latches and opened it.

Within the foam-padded confines, his pistols were arrayed, but also a bible... his father’s own personal bible, kept pristine after all these years and rarely thumbed. ‘Proverbs,’ McNally murmured, taking a seat and beginning to read.
Captain Det McNally

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Kid wandered into the mess a few minutes before the hour. Burton was looking a little better for hammering the punchbag, but clearly didn't fancy talking much. She'd left him to it. Only Chai was there, sat at the table and lost in thought. She pulled up the chair next to him amd sat down in silence, waiting for him to talk.
PreviousNext

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old