Kickabout

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: Kickabout

Kid paused by the goal ""Poppy! Scrubs' in trouble! Charge!" And, dropping the ball, she ran towards the two of them. At the last second, she dived into McNally's side, tumbling the group over. She pinned one of McNally's arms "Quick, get the other one!"
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: William Burton

Burton wondered through the ship. Where was that damn Harrison?
He'd spent the last few minutes hunting around for him.
Hearing noises he made his way to the cargo hold. Maybe he was there?
Looking down from one of the gantries he saw McNally go down under pile of bodies, Poppy completing the mound. Obviously he wasn't here.
He smiled, glad to see the crew letting off some steam. Things seemed to be getting back to "normal" after the hell that had been Zenith.

Carrying on he resumed his search for the soldier.
I hate flying!
This one's got no pulse. -Next!

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

'Gorram,' McNally snarled, but grinning, never having had so much fun since he was a kid on Hera. They had his arms pinned and Alisha's hand was heading for his side, but he twisted away and hooked a leg around her arm, a wrestling move more than anything else, but he succeeded in trapping her limb. He knew, if he applied too much pressure, he could do her a serious injury so he tempered his strength. He knew he was beat anyway and he didn't mind as Poppy landed on his chest. He caught a glimpse of Burton on the gantry above, heading away. 'Hey, Button, could do with some hel-' His voice was cut short as the tickling began and he roared in shock and laughter.
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Dr. Alisha 'Scrubs' Corbon

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Eventually, the girls tired of their merciless torture on McNally, and fell about in a breathless heap, the roaring laughter that had echoed around the Cargo Hold, dimming to a soft chuckling amongst the four. Even though Alisha had been pressured in to playing, she was glad she did. Despite being in need of a wash, she felt refreshed, the stress and weight of her addiction had fled if only for a short time. The Doctor rested against McNally’s shoulder, catching her breath back. She looked up at him, a genuine carefree grin spreading across her lips, “Enough of a workout for you?”
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Ship's Pilot

McNally, red-faced and chuckling, nodded. 'Might need a rule o'two for this game,' he said as he jabbed his fingers into Kid's side, setting her squealing and rolling away. 'Still, it passes the time.'
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

“Rule one… if you can’t handle the game, don’t play… Rule two, don’t do anything which means either doctor has to work, otherwise you might wake up in a full body cast… that includes self inflicted injury…” Alisha straightened the brass goggles on her head, in a futile attempt to tame her wild curls. “The Game needs a name.”
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Kid lay on her back, her legs propped up on a crate. "Back when me an' my brothers used to play like this, Da would always call it Calvinball, but only if we never played it the same way twice. Meant we hadta come up with new rules each time." The grin on her face slowly faded "Still, stupid really." She sat up, a gleam in her eye "McNally came up with it, we should name it after him!"
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

“It’s not stupid, Me and my big brothers used to play games when I was little, before Tibb’s grew up and decided he was too old. We’d build obstacle courses around the house, where you weren’t allowed to touch the floor. Warren…” Alisha paused, her throat tightening with emotion, the memory off her brother’s bloodied corpse flickered to the surface of her mind for a split second. She fought it off, continuing with her story, “Warren used to piggy back me over the obstacles I was too small to jump.” She smiled wistfully, “Heh… mum told him off because of one time, he jumped the gap and slipped... I needed three stitches after that one…. The next time we played Dad gave us a pair of boots saying that they were special and we’re allowed to touch the floor.”

“Though, ’NallyBall does have a ring to it, Don’t you think?” She smiled at the three, changing the subject back.
OOC- Cassie

Ship's Pilot

McNally shook his head, his mirth fading slighty. 'It was Kid who found the ball, right?' To her nod her shrugged. 'Should call it 'Kid's Ball' then!' He picked himself up and brushed invisible dust from his shirt. 'Anyways, I best be checkin' in on the flight deck. This ol' bucket's nav-comp been needin' a course correction or two.' He looked to Kid. 'Might need Chai to take a look, jus' in case.' With a heavy tread he started towards the gantry.
Captain Det McNally
Previous

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old