Kickabout

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Kickabout

The Roisin was humming away nicely. No rattles, no unusual vibrations felt through her bare feet, no burnt smells, even the backup systems purred away when she turned them on. Kid was bored. Very bored. Aimlessly she wandered into the cargo bay. The mule she'd acquired as they left planetside had been checked over and stood ready. Nothing more to do there. Her eyes fell on the couple of boxes that had been loaded on it when she had found it. She had rumaged through for anything exciting, and then just left them stacked on the side, but now she thought about it, some of that junk could be useful.

She found what she was looking for in the second box. She bounced the leather ball a couple of times to check inflation - still pretty good. She dropped it to the floor and experimentally passed it from foot to foot.
Five minutes later, she was happily hammering it off one panel on the far wall of the cargo bay, running like crazy to get to the ball as it bounced back, and kicking it back again. One particularly wild kick sent the ball bouncing off into the rest of the ship, and Kid ran after it, grinning like a loon.
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Kickabout

Poppy heard the ball bounce down the corridor, she got up off the floor and opened her door just in time to stop the ball. She looked at it then up at Kid and smiled. "Where did you find this?" She asked and kicked it back at Kid, bouncing it off a nearby door as she did.

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

"It was in the junk on the back of that mule I picked up" Kid stopped the ball with her foot and smiled "Fancy a bit of a match? The cargo bay is pretty empty." She gave the ball a kick with the back of a heel, sending it ricocheting back down the corridor to the hold. "I warn you, i can never remember the rules. Whadda you say?"

Cortexer
Cortexer

Character name: Elizabeth Caine

Poppy grinned, heading the ball so it bounced of a few more doors. "Sure, and who needs rules? make 'em up as we go along."

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Kid eyed the doors "Dun't look like anyone's in a hurry to join us." She intercepted the ball "First to fifteen? I'll race yer to the hold." She spun on her heel and bounced the ball back towards the cargo hold, running after it with a smile.

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Dr. Alisha 'Scrubs' Corbon

Alisha hadn’t shown up for breakfast again, not that she had done it purposefully this time. The young doctor had found herself in the infirmary early hours of the morning. And as well stocked as it was, it was a mess. Well no, to a normal person it wasn’t untidy, but to her it was. The syringes were miss matched, the labels we’re different sizes and some weren’t clear, the scalpels and surgical tools pointed in different directions and the medical bin was just a bit too far away. Nothing was colour coded, anyone could mistakenly grab the wrong thing and do themselves harm.

The young doctor wasn’t usually this bad, when it came to over organising, but she had spent the last four hours twenty six minutes itching for a drink. It didn’t matter what, whiskey, rum, wines, ales, or that bottle of high proof gut rot that was locked in her bottom drawer. That’s why she hadn’t returned to her room, she knew she would falter again and after nine days without a drop in her system, she wouldn’t let herself fall, she couldn’t let herself fall, not now. She had to get to double figures at least. Just to prove she could.

This however was making Alisha short tempered and irritable, it was a wonder she hadn’t shouted at anyone in the crew. She had read that a way to beat addiction is not to think about it, the best way not to think is to keep busy. See, that’s what she was doing, it wasn’t particularly working, and she’s had an entire café tier of black coffee in the past half hour, but she was at least trying to take her mind off of the many bottles within such easy access.

So far she had stripped out all of the cupboards, and had cleaned every single one, and had methodically put each and every item back. The labels of each pill box were clearly visible, the surgical tools all faced the correct way, the syringes we’re organised via size and what they were for, as were the needles. Everything had been labelled in her neat legible handwriting, as well as a stock check taken so that everyone would know exactly how much of everything there was. She had set aside a cupboard for the crews use, that held all the basic medical supplies that they wouldn’t need a Doctor for, plasters, tweezers, mild headache pills, coughs, blocked noses, IBS medication for Lock. Again all labelled and meticulously set out

She looked around the infirmary, feeling tired and irritable but unable to stop, she moved the medical waste bin to three different locations before finally choosing which one was right. She was so engrossed in the tasks at hand, she didn’t hear the footfalls of someone through the doorway.
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

McNally leaned against the door-jamb, stifling a yawn and frowning at Alisha slightly. 'You okay?' he asked.

She jolted slightly, turning and forcing a too-bright smile. 'Fine,' she muttered, pacing to the cabinet and checking the labels were still in line. 'What our ETA to Sihnon?'

'We're still fifteen-or-so days out,' he replied, crossing to her and gently taking her hand from the cabinet, letting the door swing shut, and turned her to him. 'You still seem a little strung out aft-'

She pulled away sharply. 'I haven't had a drink,' she snapped. 'Before you start to lecture me, I haven't.'

He opened his hands in apology. 'I never said nothin',' he remarked, and leaned against the counter regarding her carefully. 'I just... I just saw you in here so I thought I'd look in.' He pushed away from the counter and headed for the door. 'I'm goin' to the cargo bay anyways, just to punch some bag awhile,' he added and paused, looking back. 'I thought you might wanna keep me company? If ya like?'
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Dr. Alisha 'Scrubs' Corbon

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Alisha deflated slightly moving the waste bin another two inches to the left, looked around the infirmary and frowned, “I...” her unsteady fingers combed through her hair before replacing the brass goggles she used to keep her wild curls at bay. Her green eyes slowly scanned over all the work she had done that morning.

Alisha hadn’t meant to snap at him, all of a sudden she was very aware of how short her temper had gotten this past week. “I..” she sighed, and started to follow McNally, pausing only to push the bin two inches back the other way. “Yea… Maybe some time out will do me good.” She linked her arm in his as he made his way towards the cargo bay, he could feel the tension in her grip, an inability to relax. “Besides, it’d be rude to decline…”
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

Although he wanted to, McNally didn't press the issue, but the temptation was strong and it almost hurt. In any case, I'm liable to say something stupid, he thought, and go and ruin the whole thing. He kept quiet as they reached the walkway, the sounds of the leather ball against the metal wall echoing as they approached.

Below them, Poppy and Kid were oblivious, steeped in their game as they dodged, darted and kicked the ball this way and that.

McNally leaned over the rail and glanced to Alisha. 'Well,' he said softly. 'Wha'd'ya know?' Then he raised his voice. 'Looks like y'all havin' some fun?'

Kid and Poppy both stopped and looked up, seeing McNally smirking and Alisha looking tense.
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Kid exchanged a quick glance with Poppy. "Doc's on my team, you get McNally." She declared "Goals are marked on opposite walls" she waved to a rough rectangle marked out with gaffa tape, then booted the ball up onto the gantry where it bounced and rolled to the doctor's feet "And our side's two down doc, so you'd better be good!'
Next

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old