Insomnia

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: Insomnia

"SOLDIER, I WANT TEN CIRCUITS OF THE HOLD, FIVE SETS AND TEN DROPS, THEN YOUR FINAL FIVE BEFORE REPORTING BACK HERE! MOVE IT!" Lock barked, continuing his tone of command.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm

As soon as Harrison sent the tea flying and dived into the corner Burton was on his feet. "How longs he been like this?" He demanded approaching the cowering solider.
Tobias gave a shrug, "Since we came back on board."
"And no one thought to tell me!" Burton looked round the room accusingly.
Before he could do anything Lock started to bark out order at Harrison, sending the soldier away.
"Wish you could have just got him to attention so I could have looked him over." He said.
Lock just shrugged, "Best thing for him."
The doctor nodded understanding "At least I can drink my coffee before he's back." he hoped.

Jones began to act out his orders robotically, though he returns to muttering about screaming, and occasionally dives into cover for a moment, his knuckles white from the grip he has on his weapon.

Astrid walked back over to where Regan was still standing, silently taking in the scene.
"You know what we were talking about earlier Cap'n ... well, he IS kinda creepy," she gestured towards the soldier as he happened to be in one of his diving for cover and mumbling moments.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Regan nodded, frowning. "He's a bad one, alright.... Doc? Preacher?" The two men looked over. "We've seen this before, right? Just not this bad... I want you both to stick to him, ready to deal with whatever happens when this breaks. Just try not to hurt him, he's been through enough already. Knock him out if you have to, dong le ma?"

He put a hand on Astrid's shoulder. "He's hurtin', bad. If the mind gets that shook up, it has to find it's own level again. Once he's worked that out, we'll see what we can do to help him get back to where he was, ok?"

"The guys back at base normally dealt with this sort of thing." Burton said, "This will be the first time I've had to deal with PTS."
"Can you deal with it?" Regan asked
The doctor nodded, "I've had some training, and I've got a few books in my cabin." he racked his brains trying to remember if Corbon had any experience in this sort of thing, but couldn't remember.
Unfortunately the two hadn't had much time to talk since she'd joined the ship.

He waited patiently for the coffee to brew, hoping that it'd be ready before the shell of a man returned. As he was waiting he briefly considered giving Harrison a sedative so he could enjoy the coffee, then just as quickly discarded the idea as it would be an abuse of trust and probably wouldn't go down that well with the others. With a sigh he put his head in his hands and waited.

Lock returned to fixing the coffee, musing on the damaged soldier. He'd seen this before, many times it had even happened once amongst his squad.

You could sedate them, shock them, even beat them senseless but the only thing that worked was talking and more importantly listening. He'd told Corben that it was the Shepherd's job to heal the souls and minds whilst the Doctors dealt with the wounds and bodies. Guess he had his work cut out for him, he looked over the crew gathered for coffee in the dead of night, he did indeed have his work cut out for him.

Astrid found herself a seat at the table still taking in the smell of coffee with a smile on her face. She hoped it wouldn't take much longer. Still clutching her pink cup in one hand, she arranged animal-giraffe-cow-thing neatly on the table with the other.

She occasionally caught sight of Jones doing circuits of the mess, along with crazy interludes. She made a mental note that she would never get in a plane with him flying, even if she was unconscious, she was pretty certain that if someone whispered in her ear that Jones was about to fly it would be enough to bring her round.

McNally finally heard the commotion as he strode onto the mess deck, regarding the traumatised soldier with mild disdain. He moved over to the kitchen area and placed the crate down, popping the latches and hearing the soft hiss as the under-pressure equalised to the ship and a fog of condensation flowed out. He bristled slightly as he felt eyes on him and he dipped his hand amongst the ice-packs.

‘Hey, Chuckles, what ya got there?’ Regan asked.

McNally glanced around to the Captain, in reply placing a large pack of bacon on the work-surface... then another... and another. Finally two tubs of thick yellow liquid followed. He closed and re-latched the crate, straightening and stretching with a yawn. ‘The way I figure, if folks are wakin’ up, it’s about breakfast time so... who wants breakfast?’ He shook one of the tubs. 'I even got pancake mix!'

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 pm

"Works for me, McNally." The Preacher smiled as he began pouring out the coffee in the waiting cups.
PreviousNext

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old