Zenith

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Zenith

Regan looked around the lounge at the assembled crew, all drinking The Preacher's coffee apart from Burton, who had a waste paper bin on his knees, and the new Doc. God only knows what she was drinking....

"Ok. For those that don't already know, we just intercepted a wave from the Memphis to the Clean Air Turbulence. Looks like there's something going on on Zenith, about six weeks from now. It's a backwater shithole with almost no law, crammed full of smugglers, pirates and drug runners. Keep our wits about us and our guns loaded, we can maybe make a fortune or two, if we live long enough!"

He grinned. "My kinda party.... Now, there ain't gonna be much in the way of business for Miss Mei out that way, so we'll swing by Boros on the way and drop her off there."

He looked over to her. "You should be able to line up some clients there?" She smiled and nodded. "Shiny. I'm still not happy that Essex might be out there somewhere. Marshall? Stay with her, and watch her back. Discretely. If he tries anything, grab her and get out, don't try to take his people on..."

He raised a hand to cut off Mei's objections. "I don't expect him to either, it wouldn't profit him one bit, but I like to be safe rather than sorry so humour me, ok? Good. So, McNally, lay a course for Boros. We'll refuel there, then on to Zenith. It's just the far side of Greenleaf right now. Rest of you? Check your kit, clean your weapons. Hopscotch, start tuning the engines, I want us ready to burn if we need to, lotta pirate activity out there. And Kid? See me later, I might want to arrange a few things that go bang...."

"Any questions?"

Re: Zenith

'Sounds like a real dog's ass of a world,' McNally grunted. 'I'll check the cortex, pull the latest nav-data.' He glanced at Marshall. 'Don't get distracted,' he murmured then regarded Mei coldly. 'Wouldn't want you endin' up with a gun at your head, uh sweetheart!' He drained his coffee and headed for the flight deck.

Burton regarded the bin, he was feeling a bit better and was wondering about trying some of the coffee, it smelt good.
"While we're on Boros can we get some more medical supplies?" He asked putting the bin down and reaching for a cup having made up his mind.
"Haven't you got enough pills?" Oz asked warily eyeing the doctor as he poured himself some coffee.
"Not for me." Burton replied waving the cup "I know what you lot are like and just want to be ready."

Quote:
'Sounds like a real dog's ass of a world,'

"Should suit you down to the ground then?" Kid shot back with a grin.
She nodded at Regan "I'm sure we can sort yer out with somethin'. It'll be fun." She took in the couple of alarmed faces at the table "Don't worry, I'll save the dangerous bit for somewhere outdoors."

Dr. Alisha Corbon glanced up from the sweet smelling purple-black liquid in her coffee cup to listen carefully to what her new Captain was saying. She had been onboard for a couple of weeks now, and It simply wouldn't do to stumble at the first hurdle she faced while on the ship.

A backwater shithole, crammed full of smugglers, pirates and drug runners... Alisha grimaced at the thought, it sounded simply delightful. There was a fair bit of trepidation about going to Zenith, the idea of a firefight was not appealing in the least. Her mind wandered to the little two shot pistol she had bought, never before fired, still pristine.

Is this what she signed up for? Doctors heal, not harm. Could she do it if she needed too? Shoot another living person? Smugglers, pirates and drug runners... Somehow she suspected that she'd find out soon enough.

The Doctor took another long draught from her coffee cup, her hand was already moving to her hip flask, unscrewing it and pouring an amber coloured liquid into the black until it was topped up to the brim. "How long you recon we'll be there Captain.. And how much trouble should we be expectin'?"

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 pm

On the flight deck, McNally checked the nav-data for Zenith and started plotting a course via Boros, Kid's remark ringing in his head. His left arm was still a little sore but it had been worth it. The girl might not punch that hard, but she could use a knife... and now so could he. 'Gorram it,' he growled sharply as he calculated a velocity arc coefficient in his head, the result not to his liking. 'Gonna be tight on the time,' he murmured to himself and he reached for the intercom switch. 'Regan from McNally. Are you sure about Boros? S'gonna need us to lean on the engines to make Zenith in time.' He paused to check options. 'We could swing by Sihnon instead, skims at least week of the flight-time and the place is real crowded... less chance of Lil'Miss Mei getting spotted and it'd mean more business for her.'

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

"With this lot?" Burton said sipping his coffee and enjoying it, "Anything, and lots of it. We where on New Kincardine for just over two days and he managed to get his chest blown open." He said pointing to Oz, "Took two of us ages to get all the shrapnel out and sew him back up again. You didn't think he wore that electro-mag for fun did you? And the Preacher managed to get half his guts ripped out."
He leant back in his chair. "Keep your med-kit close, and your pistol closer. You can always patch them up again after you've stopped them from trying to rob you or your friends." He pointed out seeing her looking down at the little pistol she wore.
"Now I'm going to run another quick check of what we've got and need before we make planet fall." Burton said as getting up and heading towards the infirmary.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

"Yep, been places like this before" Kid interjected "glad we've got a spare doc to patch the doc up if he gets himself shot." she seems to be relishing the upcoming challenges.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Regan raised an eyebrow to Mei. "Sihnon?" She nodded, with a broad smile. Obviously a better choice. "Ok McNally, Sihnon it is."

He winked at Kid, and then turned to Doc Corbon. "We'll stick around for two, maybe three nights, long enough to make some cash and find a decent cargo to carry us forward. We need a few upgrades for the ship as well, if we can swing it... As far as trouble goes, well, on New Kincardine we were there for a party, celebrating the aniversary of some coronation or other, ended up in a civil war, and got attacked by the old flagship of the Independants fleet. And that was a Coreworld! This time we're as far outside the Alliance's reach as you can get without inviting a reaver to lunch, so we travel round in threes or more, everybody goes armed - except Poppy, obviously - and you make sure your medkit is fully stocked. Expect everything, up to and including Reaver attack, you won't be too disappointed....!" He grinned. "Let's hope I'm wrong about the Reavers...."

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm

McNally listened to Regan before he killed the intercom. Reavers? 'Shouldn't tempt fate,' McNally muttered to himself, confirming the navigation plot he had already input. He didn't know Sihnon at all, but he figured if he could pick up some extra fire-power, he'd find someone with few scruples to trade him a spare pistol of two. He rose from the pilot's seat and strode back to the mess hall. 'Course for Sihnon is plotted and laid in... say the word and we're flying.'
Next

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old