Strange behaviour...

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Strange behaviour...

McNally sat, brooding, as the crew ate a meal. As usual McNally sat off to one side, his head resting against the bulkhead and his eyes gazing into the distance. Occasionally he seemed to whince, his eyelids fluttering as if in a waking dream, but, for the most part, he was motionless, moving only to deliver the spiced noodles to his mouth, to chew them ruefully.

Then, as Kid stretched, yawned and remarked on taking a couple of hours of R'n'R, McNally's eyes flashed to her, his gaze low, mostly watching her feet or her legs. As she headed for her cabin, McNally regarded the rest of the mess deck briefly before placing his half-eaten meal aside and treading softly in Kid's wake.

He stalked her, like a predator along the quarter-deck until she was opening the door to her cabin. Only then did he pounce, catching her arm and pulling her around. 'I wanna word with you,' he said, his voice a low, threatening growl. 'And in private!' he added, propelling her backwards into her cabin.
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Re: Strange behaviour...

Kid staggered a few steps into her cabin with the force of the shove before she caught herself and spun round, eyes flashing. Her right hand hovered above her pillow, above where she'd stashed her knife. Every animal instinct in her was screaming at her to grab it. She fought back against instinct. It could be this was more training. It could be somethin bad. She squared her shoulders "Was it a word you were lookin for, or a close-quarters ass-kickin?"
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Ship's Pilot

Reached back to slide to the door shut and clenched his fists. 'I know you got a knife there! Thing is... can you use it?'
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

As the door slid shut, Kid felt her fingers close around the knife's handle. She hadn't been aware of reaching for it. She felt its familiar weight and relaxed slightly. Whatever this was, now she knew she could handle it.
"Yes."

Ship's Pilot

He took a step forward, his brow furrowed. 'So, you gonna show me or just whistle Dixie?'
Captain Det McNally

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

McNally hadn't finished before Kid was moving. So he wanted stabbin, fine. He'd mostly closed the gap in the tiny cabin and it was barely seconds before the knife had scored deep cuts on both his forearms. Kid smiled grimly to herself as she forced him back a half step. Looked like her lessons had paid off at least.

Ship's Pilot

McNally grimaced, the blade moving in a flash, twice... warmth spilled across his hands as he started to bleed and he backed up to the door. As the pain began to register he regarded Kid calmly. 'Not bad,' he said at last. 'Not too shabby.' Blood began to drip onto the deckplates and he scuffed at it with the toe of his boot. 'Hmm, maybe you could show me how to handle a shank like that, uh?' He paused to examine the deeper of the two cuts, the one on his right arm, clenching the wound with a bloodied left hand to stem the bleeding. 'And I got money... I'll pay ya for ya trouble!'
Captain Det McNally

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

"Fine." Kid eyed McNally warily
"I won't say no to the cash if yer really want to give me it. Seems a bit mean to be takin it though, seein as i ain't payin yer for my trainin."
She grabbed a towel from the locker to her left and used the knife to cut it in two. She carefully wiped the knife off on one piece before placing it back under her pillow, then took the towels and wrapped them carefully around McNally's forearms, checking the cuts as she did so.
"You're going to want to get the doc to check these over. Shouldn't bleed too long."
As she slid her door open she paused briefly on the threshold.
"Oh, and come in my room again, and you'll be losin appendages."

Once he'd left, she sat cross-legged on her bunk, turning the knife over in her hands. The adrenaline was still pumping, she no longer wanted to get any shut-eye. At least it had turned out okay. And she hadn't done irreparable harm. Might even result in a couple of easier training sessions while McNally's arms healed up. The knife had helped her out again.

Ship's Pilot

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 pm

McNally laid on his bunk, his arms throbbing. Pain felt good, pain normalised. He wallowed in it, bathed in it's unseemly warmth and allowed it to overwhelm him as he considered Kid. She was more vulnerable than her genial demeanor let on and he suspected there was something in her past she was either hiding from or running from... but maybe that was because it just seemed everyone in the 'verse was hiding from or running from something. Maybe he'd get the nerve up to ask her... or maybe he'd just let her stew. He didn't need to know, in the end it didn't matter to him. The past was the past, he was doomed by his and he would do all he could to make sure she wasn't doomed by hers, or anyone else on the crew for that matter... even the whore. He rolled over, the shifting setting his arms pulsing with fresh pain and causing him to curse softly. Maybe he would let the Doc have a look in a while, but, for now, he was happy to suffer, his penance for the harsh lesson he'd taught Kid in the cargo bay... and for all the other things he'd done to survive.
Captain Det McNally

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old