Late Night Wandering

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Late Night Wandering

Poppy mumbled in her sleep as she tossed and turned, she was having a nightmare, she often did. Her mother being led away, tortured by faceless soldiers. The broadcast about the Miranda virus, and her father shooting himself rather than let those monsters take him. The images flashed in her head, vile men laughing, holding a gun to her head as they did unspeaking acts. Bullets wizzing past. Going to her friends funerals and everything decending into chaos around her.

She sat up breathing heavily in a cold sweat. It was all just a dream, this time. She got up from her bunk and splashed cold water on her face before pulling her overalls on. She needed coffee, she certainly wasn't going to get any sleep any time soon.

She headed out into the corridor and stopped briefly outside of Os' bunk, she really wanted to know he was alive and that it was just a dream, but she didn't want to disburbed his sleep, so after a moment she kept on going. She headed into the mess and put on a pot of coffee, her hands still shaking a little.

Re: Late Night Wandering

It works! It works!" William sang over and over as he skipped down the corridor towards the mess.
He was feeling great, which made a nice change, and he wasn't high on anything.
"Oh hi Poppy." He said with a cheerful wave, "you know a cup of tea would probably be better." he said pointing to the mug of coffee in her hand.
"I don't feel like sleeping." she replied with a shrug. "And I..."
"It works!" William cut her off, "I've finally found something that stops me feeling ill." he smiled brightly at her. However the smile quickly fell "Oh shit!" he exclaimed running over towards the nearest bin.
Poppy patted him on the back as she made her way past with her coffee.

See if it had worked Poppy would have been certain she was dreaming. She sat down and sipped her coffee while she waited for him to stop vomiting. "So, just a delayed reaction then?"

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Mei pulled on her robe and slipped out of her room. She needed a drink. Since they had returned to the Roisin Dubh she had kept to her room, slipping out at night to drink multiple cups of coffee and water. Most of the time she was wired, her head filled with thoughts of revenge. She knew when the feeling started to ebb and the usual noise of the ship had quietened that it was time to go to the mess.

She had never felt this angry. She had been angry with her mother before, but at least she thought her mum would never intentionally hurt anyone... exploit them, but not hurt them. The first few days her thoughts had been all over the place... and one betraying thought came through - was the evidence really fabricated? Could her father have issued the order that cost so many lives, and then blamed it on the Admiral? She hated herself as soon as she thought it. Her father was a good man, a moral and loyal man. He would never do such a thing... the Admiral on the other hand... his face flashed in her mind and she squeezed her glass so hard that it smashed in her hand. She remembered his cold, unfeeling eyes as he said “I’m going to show the evidence to the Alliance. Your father ruined my reputation, and he will be as good as dead.”

The more she thought about it, the more she was contemplating murder rather than a simple pilfering of the fabricated evidence.

As she walked along the corridor to the mess, she heard voices. She stopped, listened for a moment and then turned around. Poppy and the Doc. Seemed she wasn’t the only one having trouble sleeping.

She went to have a look at the nearly acquired shuttle. It was quiet there. She sat in the pilot’s seat and as she looked around the controls it struck her for the billionth time that she may not have long before the Admiral released the evidence he was holding... a plan began to form in her mind... if only she could pilot... she pressed her head against the controls of the shuttle... this was going to involve being nice to McNally... the thought made her feel almost as sick as the Doc in full flight mode.

Os had been staring at the ceiling of his lonely cell for hours. He quietly wondered if Mei would be up at such a late hour, and if she'd be interested in providing a massage to loosen him off. He needed some company and some reassurance. The loneliness of the last few days was far more painful than the wound in his chest. I don't care about him...who is he anyway....You need to live so I know who you are The differant voices echoed around his head. I managed it, he thought, I am nothing, no one. He punched the hull with enough force to break the skin of his hand, and winced. Getting out of his bunk he opened his door and stepped out to find the doctors head in the bin.

Jack settled into the co-pilot's chair and put his feet up on the console. He smiled to himself, almost feeling the disapproving gaze from Max as his heel brushed some of the switches. He glanced over his shoulder at the sleeping form on the couch at the rear of the bridge.

"Almost a waste of time giving him a cabin..." he thought.

He pulled the flexi out of his pocket and read the message again;-

"Regan, John F. 76243504. Master Sergeant. Retired.

Be advised, by Alliance Command standing order 3672.b, you are hereby returned to reserve status. Assignment details to follow if required.

Major C J Travis. 3rd Commando Regiment. 4th Marine Assault Division."

He grimaced. "Not if I can rutting help it....!"

"No." William said between retches, "It seems to suppress the normal feelings of motion sickness. However it does not suppress the effects."
Taking the water that Poppy offered he wondered if this would do. He wasn't feeling ill so that was a plus. However he was even more unpredictable as he couldn't feel any of the effect so didn't know when he was going to be sick.
"One day." he said as he made his way back to his cabin. "One day."
"Oh hi Os." He said, "How's the chest today? What happened to your hand?" He asked catching sight of the blood on the 1st officer's hand.

Lets not worry about my hand hey doc. Lets get you back to your cabin! Quickly he reached back into his cabin and grabbed a cardboard sick bowl and offered it to the doctor. What on earth are you doing up at this hour anyway?

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

"I thought I'd finally managed to find the right combination to overcome this bloody space sickness!" He replied sadly. "Unfortunately it's still there."
He took the offered bowl and made his way back to his cabin. "You sure you don't want me to have a look at your hand?" He asked.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

"Nah, it's just a bloodied knuckle, it'll teach me not to pick an argument with the hull! Go get some sleep, you can research in the waking hours" said Os, before pausing hearing other movement. "The whole damn ship up? Who else is wondering around?"
Next

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old