Aftermath of Boros

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Character name: Dr. Alisha 'Scrubs' Corbon

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Aftermath of Boros

No ones seen hide nor hair of me since we boosted from Boros
“Am I ok?!” She asked, fumbling over the words as they left her lips. “After everything that happened? I came here to check on you…” She didn’t answer the question, how could she? Physically her body rebelled against her, the bullet wound moving from a dull ache to a stabbing pain without warning. And yet she couldn’t drink, and refused to take further medication. Mentally, she was still processing everything from their time landside. How many people had she saved, versus the one that needed to be saved. The haunting melody of Waltzing Matilda stuck in her head, the well of guilt that she has felt since they had left Boros. The fear of what Det would say, the reflection of her failure in his face. And her parents…. She couldn’t even think about her mother…

I don’t know if I’m ok yet…

She could feel her throat tighten, she wanted to spit it all out, to chew the fat, to talk to him, but the words just wouldn’t come.
Finally she turned to face him, as their eyes met she expected to see his disappoint, his despair, his blame. Her failure written on his face.
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Ship's Pilot

Character name: Det McNally

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 pm

McNally saw the anguish in her face, the pain in her eyes, and he felt his own pain rise again. He felt tears threaten as he slipped from his seat and knelt by her, pulling her into his arms and embracing her. 'It's okay, bao bei, I'm still here, it's okay... we're okay,' he murmured, his tone as soft and soothing as he could muster.
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:34 pm

As their eyes met she expected to see his disappoint, his despair, his blame. Her failure written on his face…
And it wasn’t there.

As McNally pulled her into his arms and held her, tears came unbidden, falling from her face one after the other. She hugged him tightly afraid that if she let go, he’d change his mind. “I’m sorry” she mumbled into his shoulder, “I tried so hard… and I’m sorry”
Suddenly she felt like a child, like she had been making up problems that we’re really there. Of course there was no blame, no despair or disappointment in her. “…Are you ok?”
OOC- Cassie
IC- Dr. Alisha "Scrubs" Corbon- "If you can't do somethin' Smart, do somethin' Right... If you can't do somethin' Right, do Somethin'"

Ship's Pilot

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

He felt her tears soak into his shirt and he heard her soft murmurs.

'I’m sorry... I tried so hard… and I’m sorry.'

He sighed gently and stroked her hair, trying to compose himself enough to reply, but his own grief swamped him. It all come back to him, Alisha, Donut and Carter all trying to save Molly, desperately searching for a way to bring her back from the brink while the Preacher talked to her, all but yelling at her to stay alive... and he sat, his blood entering her veins, his hands holding hers and willing her to live for him and not leave him alone. Everything that could have been done was done and still Molly slipped away. It ain't fair, he thought, but then the 'verse ain't a fair place or the Independents might've won... and Molly would still be breathin' now. He took a deep breath as his grief abated.

'Are you okay?'

He felt a tight, weak smile pull at his lips and managed to reply this time. 'No, not really,' he croaked. 'Don't think many of us are.' He stroked her hair again. 'An' listen, you did everythin' you could for Molly, maybe more than that... because I asked.' He shrugged slightly. 'At least I got to be there at the end.' He sighed again, little by little coming to terms with his loss, the void shrinking by degrees, and he slowly eased her face up to his. 'You did your best, mei-mei, you did your best for Molly and me, and I'll never forget that.'
Captain Det McNally
‘If you can’t do somethin’ smart, do somethin’ right... if you can’t do somethin’ right, do somethin’!’

kid

Ship's Engineer
Ship's Engineer

Character name:

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Kid sat on the floor just to the side of the hatch to the flight deck, her bare feet stretched out in front of her. She couldn't hear the words McNally and the Doc were exchanging, but the tones were clear enough. She couldn't have stopped grinning if she'd tried.
Nah, ship didn't need those parts anyway...

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:13 pm

He dried her face and wiped the last stray tears from her flushed cheeks. His other hand softly stroking her hair, “Yea…” she whispered back. She wished things could have been different, but wishing has never solved anything. There was a part of herself, that could be forgiven for her best not being good enough. Doughnut hadn’t been able to save her. And he was most likely the best surgeon she knew. Some people just don’t get back up again.

She knew it was true, some patients just can’t keep going, and no matter how much you pull, no matter how much you hold on and try to drag them back… Some people.. Just… can’t…

No, not really.
“I’m sorry..” she muttered again, “After eveythin’… Guess you didn’t need me coming in and moping… I was just…” She shrugged, “Is there anything I can do? Stupid question I know… But if you think of anything…”
OOC- Cassie

Ship's Pilot

Post Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:28 am

McNally smiled, his ice-blue eyes glimmering with unshed tears, but his composure returning. 'You keep doin' what you do, Doctor Corbon,' he said, his voice even and tempered. 'You keep doin' that and, no matter what, you'll make a difference out here.' He regarded her. 'An' listen, I'm gonna be doin' a heap o'mopin' myself for a while yet so I'm not gonna be one judgin' ya. We're all lost in the black right now, needin' a compass star, needin' a map. Hera's a destination, but I figure we need to find out what it is we need from each other first.' He sighed. 'I need to know what folks expect of me an' whether I can live up to what they're expectin'...' His voice drifted off as he looked into Alisha's eyes. 'I know you did your best... Molly knew you were doin' everythin' you could, Donut too, Lock, Carter. She knew we were fightin' to keep her with us. Thing is she had to get to me to tell us about the Admiral and that them bungers had him prisoner, and that just about burned up all she had left.' His expression hardened slightly. 'An' I was selfish not wannin' to let her go when it was her time, makin' you do more that you rightly had to, because I... demanded it. So maybe folk'll judge me harshly for that.' He shrugged then and forced a smile. 'Like I said to Poppy, we're all in strung out shape.'
Captain Det McNally

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Alisha shook her head slightly, “I won’t judge you harshly for that... She wasn’t in pain, she didn’t suffer… had to try every last thing.” She sighed and leaned against him, “If there’s anything you need… A distraction, someone to chew the fat with, something to help you sleep, or just someone else to attempt cooking… Shout up. I figure you’ve spent the better part of three, four months looking after me. Bout time I did some of the looking after right?”

She smiled weakly, a weight taken from her shoulders, “And I say attempt cooking… I’m making no promises for what the end product will be like… Perfectly carved and hopefully cooked…”
OOC- Cassie

Ship's Pilot

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm

McNally chuckled. 'If you can make protein cubes taste like anything other than sawdust, you'll get my vote!' His mirth died all too soon and he sighed deeply. 'This crew needs to take care of each other more,' he said. 'If the 'verse goes to all Hell, we're all we've got. S'good to know you've got my back. S'bin a long time since I've felt like I could call on folks in a pinch. If I need anythin' I'll let ya know... but same goes for you. I'm still gonna be here for you, long as you need me around. Okay?'
Captain Det McNally

Ship's Doctor
Ship's Doctor

Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:59 pm

“I’ll hold you to that” she mumbled back a small smile returning to her lips. “Maybe we could play cards, or something later?... I want to try and reach my father…. Find out how much the Corbon Foundation needs to raise… Could use some company after… You could try and teach me this piloting lark” She said waving at the console next to them, “that could be entertaining… I mean, I can’t crash her out here can I? There’s nothing to hit! Or if I do, I must be one of the few people in the ‘verse to manage it!”

She squeezed him softly, and then released him from her grasp, sliding back into the co-pilots seat.
OOC- Cassie
PreviousNext

Return to Roisin Dubh- Black Rose- Old